Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tummy
going to read the article now.
Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I don't understand why you're "laughing out loud" about this...????

Peace for the poor woman's soul

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mzfern
Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I don't understand why you're "laughing out loud" about this...????

Peace for the poor woman's soul

: The fact that you're laughing about how this poor women hung there for hours is really....well....not cool.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That is very disturbing. It's also something that happens when people become comfortable with violence and death. Perhaps if people were not so used to seeing 'realistic' looking "bodies" she would have been noticed sooner.

I'll keep her family in my thoughts. How awful.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
That is very sad.
There is a sub shop near me that has a picnic table out front. Someone put a stuffed dummy in men's clothing on the bench, a mask on it's face, and a baseball cap on it's head. It's head was down on the table so you couldn't see the face. It looked incredibly real. I went in and asked the owner if he could come check on the man out front. How embarrassing, but I wasn't sure...

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
That is sad. Peace to her.

But it also brought up a memory of a prank that my brother did one time:

He was in high school, and he and his friend made a dummy. Even had this head that was a mask that looked real. I don't think it was around Halloween time, but the mask was from a previous Halloween. They made this dummy of a man, and late one night went to the main road by our house. They hid behind some bushes. They threw the dummy out, attached to a fishing line, and was making it "move" about the time a car was coming up. The car actually hit the one side of it, and the car stopped. They said the driver got out some, looked around, quickly got back in, and sped off. Don't know if he thought he hit a real person, or saw that it was just a fake, and just left hurrily along his way...KWIM?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
How very sad.... My heart aches for this woman who thought that her death was the only solution to her pain.

Then to have people think she was a decoration? How self absorbed have we become that we do not look at the little details in situations. We just gloss over everything we don't really care to be a part of. Just skimmming through life.

When my daughter took her own life, (she hung herself at school) there were some who saw her body and did nothing. Thought it was a dummy from the drama club or some such nonsense. The man who finally called it in was going onto the field to run, saw her and calle 911 on his cell. I've long wanted to talk to him and thank him for taking the time to care.

So sad... So sad... I hope she has found the peace she could not find in life.

Janis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.