Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any of you moms to be have experienced lots of pressure in your vagina when sitting on the toilet...
Unfortunately I have been experiencing this a lot the last few days. Of course, we also bought a new house and this past weekend we have done a lot of moving, bending, lifting, etc. I've experienced no other symptoms than that so I'm not too concerned about it, it's just uncomfortable...
:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have felt that sometimes, like the baby may fall out. Usually it means I need to drink more water and rest. Try to drink a ton of water and lie down for a while. If you still feel it then maybe check with your midwife/OB.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have been getting a lot of pressure too. I have an OB appointment coming up and I am going to address it, though I assumed the baby was just getting into a wierd position - and, this being baby #2 everything is sitting a lot lower this time around!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I feel it too occasionally. Not sure what it is, But I've felt it with my past 3 pgs.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I felt that in 3rd trimester with my dd.

Do your Kegels! I know its hard to remember but I read a really icky post on another expecting mamas board
I'll spare everyone the details.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I am getting this a lot now - I suspect that in my case it's to do with the honking big varicose vein that I have that runs right from my ankle into my labia (sorry, now that's TMI! ) I notice that at the end of the day I feel very 'full' down below, especially in certain positions like squatting.

I totally second the Kegels...hey they can't do any harm!... and taking it a little easier now if you can. Oh, and just double check with your midwife that it's not a sign of weird things happening with your cervix.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I have had the same... especially with my last two and the position that they were in... (very low)... this time I have not had it but the babe is quite a bit higher this time...
Check it out if you are worried... but I think it is pretty normal...

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I sometimes feel it when I'm sitting on my exercise ball, but my baby also is sitting very low. His favorite thing to do is punch my bladder.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I called my midwife about this last week

She said it was most likely due to my previous stiches I had down there. Also the pressure of the baby getting bigger and those muscles stretching again.
she said its totally normal, more blood flow down there etc...
hope that helps

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all sooooo much!!! That's exactly what it feels like.... like the baby's about to drop out!!!

I am carrying him extremely low, so that's more than likely what it is because I don't remember it last time. I feel reassured knowing that others are or have experienced it.
:

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm feeling this way a lot. It's fine during the day but gets worse at night. I was wondering if a maternity belt would help. Has anyone used one to relieve the, um, pressure, on the lady parts or does it help more with back pain?

and this little guy is using my bladder as a trampoline too...good times

1 - 13 of 13 Posts