Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2014 I had an emergency c-section for my son. I do pretty well with pain and was up and walking within 7 hrs of the operation, because they forced me to wait at least that long. It's over a year later now and it still hurts and is uncomfortable. No lose of sensation and it appears everything healed well, but pain and a pulling/tearing feeling. I was at my plastic surgeon for an unrelated checkup and he explained that they cut through skin, fat, muscle, etc. but then they only stitch back together muscle and skin. So basically there's a section of fat at my abdomen that isn't connected, which could completely explain what I'm feeling. My question: Is anyone else experiencing this and can I make any claim against the hospital to pay to fix it?? I'm working hard to lose weight and the discomfort is honestly getting worse...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds like you may have adhesions in there, they will be uncomfortable / painful until they separate. You might look into ART, it's a kind of chiropractic care that deals with breaking adhesions.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
After at least 12 months I think it is very unlikely that the subcutaneous fat hasn't healed. As PitbullMom said, you may have some adhesions around the scar. I found Accupuncture almost miraculous for this. I had a section of scar where I had a painful pulling/tearing sensation whenever I tried more than a slowish walk. One session of Accupuncture and I have never felt that pain again (and I've had a second caesar since then).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deborah
1 - 3 of 3 Posts