Mothering Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone is experiencing a win-win from the measles outbreak, and that someone is Merck. Quadrupling sales for the MMR, and bonus, new legislation for mandatory vaccinations.

For those who say the vaccine industry isn't in it for the money, read between the lines. And keep in mind, this is all occurring while Merck is under a bit of fire for the MMR (mumps) and falsifying data. Coincidence? You decide.

There’s nothing like an outbreak to get parents to vaccinate -- or to help vaccine sales.
From the first week the measles outbreak was in the news to a month later when cases neared their peak, the use of Merck’s M-M-R II vaccine more than quadruped to more than 4,000 a week, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Merck reported first-quarter results today showing that sales of the measles vaccine and two other inoculations grew 24 percent from the same time a year before, to $348 million. The extra sales helped the Kenilworth, New Jersey, drugmaker beat analysts’ profit estimates.
We certainly saw an increase in sales beginning in the first month of the quarter,” Adam Schechter, Merck’s head of global human health, said in an interview. “That was based upon a lot of attention in the media around certain measles outbreaks in the U.S.
Whatever the media puts attention on, the people will follow. They have the power to blow things way out of proportion, if sales of a particular product is needed. They can spin it however they like and decide what needs the most reporting on, at any given time.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cine-sales-surged-as-california-outbreak-grew

·
Registered
8,487 Posts

·
Registered
18,827 Posts
I notice they highlight the point that vaccines are only 2 or 3% of the total pharma industry. Which is a lot like saying that building skyscrapers is a very small part of the global construction industry. For construction companies that mainly build skyscrapers, or for whom skyscrapers are a bit hunk of their business, it would be totally worth it to bribe a few alderman or the current equivalent to get an opportunity to open up.

Furthermore, in the modern business world, a quarter is a long time, so pointing out that 15 or 20 years ago vaccines were less important, means diddlysquat.

As things currently stand, do certain companies (very large and powerful companies) have good cause to lie about vaccine safety and efficacy? Do they have good cause to corrupt the occasional government agency? Do they have good cause to cover up vaccine injuries? Do they have good cause to collaborate with organizations like GAVI to maximize vaccine sales in poor countries, now and in the future? Yes to all of the above.

In other words, that Atlantic article is deeply dishonest.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Again, y'all gotta read Adriana Gamondes, (if you haven't already) ten part series: AoA. So interesting!

I hate to dive into the conspiracy-speak of it all but for goodness sake!?!?

I am dying to know how You would critic these articles @Deborah. What do you think?

Maybe not the appropriate place to ask, if so , will PM.

thx!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
IOW it's hard for me to believe that bill gates is intentionally sterilizing black and brown people through vaccination.

I am aware of the report from the Catholic bishops of Kenya. @Deborah, what is you opinion on this?

I absolutely believe that disease mongering, is the ploy of global control.

Yep, break apart my "theories" if you can. I am begging you to.

While you're at it, tell me how a sub-prime loan is the best way to finance my home, and tell me again how there are WMD's in Iraq.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
IOW it's hard for me to believe that bill gates is intentionally sterilizing black and brown people through vaccination.

I absolutely believe that disease mongering, is the ploy of global control.
OT, but the Gates Foundation committed to funding $75 million in South Asia and Africa for a Disease Surveillance Network (CHAMPS). Take a look into it, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
18,827 Posts
I haven't actually gone deeply into the Kenya tetanus vaccine for pregnant women only story. Just not certain one way or the other, as the arguments on both sides seem quite reasonable...

Reactions: Anne Jividen

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
We can thank the useless complicit mainstream media for helping Merck profit from the measles "outbreak" by not mentioning the Merck-MMR lawsuits.

If I had time I would find out who their advertisers are and start a boycotting campaign.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I KNOW!!!

I don't for the life of me understand why that is not news?!

We don't have a "measels" vaccine! We have a Measels, Mumps, Rubella, vaccine. We, as a society, should be able to talk about why that might not be such a good idea.

·
Registered
18,827 Posts
I KNOW!!!

I don't for the life of me understand why that is not news?!

We don't have a "measels" vaccine! We have a Measels, Mumps, Rubella, vaccine. We, as a society, should be able to talk about why that might not be such a good idea.
Can't be discussed. Nothing that makes vaccines look doubtful can appear in the mainstream media because it might increase doubts about vaccines and interfere with uptake.

The end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts