Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you had an u/s tech tell you baby was one sex and it came out another??

This happened to my sister in law, she had everything pink and had multiple u/s and baby came out a boy!!!!

curious how many others this happened to..........

·
Registered
537 Posts
The same happened to someone we know, they said it was a girl via u/s (they already had a boy) and got everything for a girl, even painted the room, and she was a he.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Nope not here.. both my kids were more than willing to show off the goods. With my son, a 5 year old could have seen that he was a boy. LOL Even my DD was very very clear. I am hoping this one is equally as willing.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
This happened to my bestfriend. They told her it was a girl- she had all the girl fixin's- like 2 days before she delivered they found out it was a boy!
I don't trust those things
I didn't have them with my pregnancies.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Our tech said it was a boy and showed us the penis and scrotom but... I've had a few friends where the u/s s'showed' it was a boy and they had a girl... So, we've decided to continue to call the baby 'baby' or 'heshe' or 'Abe' or 'Sasha' and not just Abe.

I still feel we'll be surpised if we have a boy!

·
Registered
914 Posts
This happened to a friend. They told her she was going to have her first girl via u/s and she was so excited after having two boys.

Well, now she has three boys and no girl.

ETA-This is why even though the tech hinted that Belly Bean is a girl and I feel like it's a girl, I won't be surprised if she turns out to be a he. We won't buy a ton of pink stuff. I prefer gender neutral stuff anyway. Also, I've kept my ticker half "boy"-blue and have "girl"-pink heart.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
A bit OT, but I wish we would all use the work "gender" instead of sex, because I keep thinking these threads are something *else*. I'm looking at the title thinking "ummm, only you can answer that honey!"

·
Registered
126 Posts
With my second child the u/s told us the baby would be a girl. The whole time dh kept saying I still think its a boy. And when the baby was born I was surprised I had a ds.

With the others (a couple I found ot a couple I didnt)they have been right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts