Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stayed in a house with a garbage disposal - we don't have one at home - and I washed up a poopy diaper into it. Is that disgusting? Baby's poop is still pretty "nice" bf stuff and I rinsed well etc but I want to know if it's not OK, because it was really easy!!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Well, I wouldn't tell, either. I think I'd be put off if someone did that in my kitchen sink. :LOL

But...you never know... I mean it is organic.

eta: I just asked dh and he said he wouldn't be grossed out but said it's a bad idea b/c it's bad for the system;ie.
shouldn't put any foodstuffs into the septic system, etc.
: The fact that it's poop in the kitchen was highly incidental.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yes, that was just way gross, for cripes' sake. Even if it is baby BF poo, it's still poo, and contains lots of bacteria that don't belong near a kitchen sink-- where people prepare food and wash dishes. Was this house without a bathroom? Dunking whatever will come off in the toilet and then washing off in the bathroom sink is at least passably acceptable.

At least no one is going to prepare your evening salad there.

Karla

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think it was disrespectful to the homeowners. It's still feces and should not be in the same area used for food prep. If it's your own home, that's your choice, but just for health reasons, it should not have been done in that area. Would you be comfortable with going to eat at a restaurant where the cook had washed his/her child's diaper in the same sink he/she used to prepare your meal? I hope you were able to use some type of disinfectant afterwards. I know that the state health department requires that diaper changing areas be separate from food prep areas in daycares. I'm sure there is a good reason for that regulation.

I hope the "tone" of my post is not harsh-sounding. It wasn't written to sound that way. I'm just replying to your question.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am usually a really germ freak type of person, but bf poo does not really bother me. I would not make it a habit, but it is not the worst thing in the world! I don't think it merits a :puke

·
Registered
946 Posts
I rinsed into my sink once (hey, why not... I have a little shower sprayer) and afterwards thought about how i shouldn't make a habit of it
I don't think you're a horrible person, but it was sort of thoughtless to do that at someone elses home.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.