Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.
:

For us, we were thinking of TTC later this winter or in the spring, just to give our DS#1 more time with uncomprimised milk supply. But I'm hoping he'll stilll have milk all the way through my pregnancy anyways. I'm sure this is how it was meant to be (I mean, we BD'd once all autumn and not even close to an O day, and now I'm pg! I'm so friggin' fertile it's ridiculous.) so I'm really psyched about it!

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Wow -- we have so much in common...

We too were going to try in the late winter/early spring, and have an August 03 little boy we are loving to bits!!! I'm still trying to figure how we got lucky, because I didn't consider myself particularly fertile (it took us 6 months TTC for ds). But we're getting very excited and feel it must be "meant to be"

How about everyone else?

· Registered
12 Posts
I would say our pg is "both"...lol. We were planning to TTC and weren't using birth control, but hadn't said 'okay, let's really try for #2 yet." DH was pretty shocked when he saw the positive test!

I just got my period back in early November so I wasn't really expecting to get pregnant right away. I must be pretty fertile though...it took 2 mos for our first pg (mc), then 2 mos of trying to get pg w/Sascha, and now 1 mo w/#2.

Nancy

· Registered
377 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NVinVT
I would say our pg is "both"...lol. We were planning to TTC and weren't using birth control, but hadn't said 'okay, let's really try for #2 yet." DH was pretty shocked when he saw the positive test!

I just got my period back in early November so I wasn't really expecting to get pregnant right away. I must be pretty fertile though...it took 2 mos for our first pg (mc), then 2 mos of trying to get pg w/Sascha, and now 1 mo w/#2.

Nancy
Hi! This is us too - almost right down to the losses (got pg after 1 month of trying the first time, m/c - got pg right away again once given the ok and m/c, got pg. a third time about 6 months later with Treyson). We had planned on TTC in April when DS turned 1, but had pretty much decided that whatever happened happened. We weren't using any type of bc, but since I'm bf'ing we both kind of figured it would take awhile - we were wrong! LOL I got my first (and only) AF in late October and was shocked when DH came and told me that the test was positive - I had thought it was negative - I guess I didn't wait long enough before reading it LOL

· Registered
373 Posts
We're in the 'both' catagory, too. Last time, it took us 8 months of not really trying. This time it took 3. And, it wasn't exactly and 'active' month for us, if you kwim...

Anyway, we're thrilled to pieces, but a little scared to have a toddler and a newborn.

· Premium Member
678 Posts
Well, this one was NOT planned for us- but we are thrilled and excited!

My son just turned 1 at the end of November. He was conceived while using condoms. Oops! So after I had him I got the IUD. Guess what- we got pregnant using that too.

· Registered
173 Posts
We never do anything to prevent pregnancy, although nursing worked well this time, but I am a bit surprised because I wasn't positive that I ovulated. I thought my body was still trying/getting in the swing of things. This was only my second cycle.

I'm so thrilled!!!!!!!!

· Registered
899 Posts
Well, my DS is almost 14 mos, and we were going to ttc early '05 to give him as much uninterupted time on the nah nahs as possible, but to our surprise....
YEAH! I actually didn't think I was very fertile at all, as we never used birth control for 3 1/2 years before I got pg with DS, so I was expecting for it to take a little longer. I only had 3 periods before finding out

· Registered
2,903 Posts
Very much planned and very much prayed for. We had originally planned to wait til spring, but then the call came that we had feared for so long, the one that said my beloved was to report for pre-deployment testing. So we focused even more on bd'ing as much as possible. He was not selected for this round, but he was put on standby, which means the next time the phone rings, he's gone within 48 hours. but we're not focusing on that, we're focusing on the baby, and on spending time together as a couple, and with my two girls....

· Registered
11,754 Posts
I'd say both here..

we were TTC thinking it would take a long time to get pg..like maybe next spring or summer. lol. (It took 9months to get pg w/ ds) we we're both quite shocked (and happy) I conceived on cycle #2!

· Registered
182 Posts
I'm in the same boat as most of you. We were planning on waiting until spring so that my 14 month old daughter would be a little older but I just found out today that I'm pregnant. We're so thrilled! I'm glad to see that there are others who have babies around the same age.

Michele
DD - Hadley 10/24/03 born 4 months premature

· Registered
2,928 Posts
For dd, we were much like NVinVT -- I had gone off of the pill, but we weren't working especially hard at ttc. It took about six months.

For this dc, it was very much a "SURPRISE!" Originally I had wanted to wait alittle longer between them -- so it be more like having a preschooler and a newborn instead of a toddler. I had only one cycle and then BAM! Guess I was a little more fertile in my post nursing than I thought.
It scares me alittle, but I'm also very excited that we're having another

· Registered
363 Posts
Definitely planned. Had the IUD pulled in August & tried for 3 cycles before getting the BFP. We wanted to have #4 when Justin (#3) is in his early 3s. I really wanted an early July baby for school scheduling sake, but early August is pretty good too, might be even better with our weird custody schedule

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.