3.Hot wash with Sunlight<br>
4.Dry on clothes line<br><br>
I really do not want to do wash more then once a week any sugestions

·
Registered
32 Posts
When you pre-wash do you then put them back in the pail?<br>
If they are wet and are being put back into a pail then they are sitting<br>
in "dirt" and the fabric will yellow/dinge over time. If you dry pail just put them in the pail after they are peed in and the poop ones you could pre-wash and set aside in a different pail. Then go about your usual routine. It also might be your soap. Try a different soap for better results?<br><br><br>
I know there have been numerous discussions on wash routines maybe you could browse a few of them to get an idea? Good Luck with a solution.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If they are coming clean enough and your only issue is that they are not white, you can always put them in the sun every so often to whiten. It really works.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I really would consider washing two or three times a week. Seven days sitting damp is plenty of time for mould and mildew to start to develop and could certainly be causing the fabric to get discoloured. Surely they'd be kind of on the nose by the end of that time too? Also if you're putting that all in one load, I cant imagine it woiuld be the most efficient cleansing. And if you're separating it out, why not just wash one load every two or three days?<br><br>
Doesnt baking soda whiten too? Anyone?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I also think you may have to consider washing more than once a week. Wet fabric sitting that long will stain horribly. Even if it's just water, anything else would be even worse.<br><br>
Also do you do a prerinse/soak with cold water? Hot water will "cook" stains in. I prerinse/soak in cold, hot wash with a cold rinse, then another rinse with cold.<br>
I use Tide and have had good results with that. I use 1/4 dose with the prerinse/soak and another 1/4 dose in the hot wash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts