Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not use deoderants. I do have some BO, sometimes. This is strictly under the arms and it's worse now that it has been in a while -- hormones are really kicking me right now.

So, anyway, I can't get the smell out. I'm washing and washing and washing.

I have a front loader.

I've tried Tide He, Tide bleach alternative He, Tide He w/ baking soda added, Cheer He w vinegar soaked on the under arm area, Charlies Soap, Cheer w borax, more detergent that I might normally use, extra rinses, Calgon added to detergent, calgon in the first rinse, etc I'm out of ideas... And I've washed these shirts WAY too many times, they are my nursing shirts, I really don't want them falling apart prematurely.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would try an overnight soak with 2 cups of baking soda... I would also really consider maybe using a natural type deoderant. If the smell is so strong that you can't get it out of your clothing, then chances are that others are noticing this on you as well.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've used hot water, my water heat is set really hot, plus this new machine has a heater to heat the water and keep it heated during the wash cycle.

As for the BO and deoderant, maybe I should dig out my crystal!
It's only some days, it's weird. But then again, so are my hormones right now. I'm PP 8 mo w hypothyroidism, on med and cycles totally funky.

I'm going to have to buy more baking soda. I'm never out and I'm out now!!!

Maybe pick up some Oxi bleach stuff??? I really thought hot water Tide and BS would do it, it's worked before and now it didn't.

The odor is fading, but I know it's there in the fibers of the seams. Maybe I'm getting too picky?

I understand Washing Soda is some serious stuff, if I find it, should I try it? I also understand it is caustic and I don't really want something dangerous in my house of 4 children (not that Tide is safe, or borax, it's just one more thing to make sure they can not get into).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I would try soaking it in an ammonia solution with as warm water as the fabric can take. An enzyme cleaner like for pet messes may help also. This is the type of stain that if it doesn't come out in the first wash or two, it may not come out at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.