Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you always have to wash the pockets? Can you ever get away with changing the insert and just rinsing the pocket itself?

And it's a GOOD thing to put them in the dryer right?? Or is it just one inital dry to seal the PUL that's a good idea?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I think the only way you could reuse a pocket like that is if you used it as a diaper cover over a prefold. I think you might set your baby up for trouble if you didn't wash. But that's just me.
When I wash my pockets (FB, SB, and WOnderoos) I throw them in the wash with all of the prefolds and covers and then it all goes into the dryer. I do this with every wash and have never had any problems.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wouldn't reuse a pocket. And I line dry my pockets if I can, but it doesn't hurt 'em really to throw 'em in the dryer once in a while. It can cause wear and tear faster, though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would wash the whole thing, never re-using the pocket. I wash mine on hot, then line dry, once in a great while I will dry in the dryer, but not too often.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks, I asked since that's what we'll be using when DS goes to daycare and I go back to school and life gets hectic, I was curious if that would be an optional corner to cut in a pinch- but I guess I won't!

I'm a line-dryer too, but thought I heard somewhere that the dryer is GOOD for PUL. So it's good to know I don't have to dryer dry!

Thanks mamas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts