Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've got some prefolds on the way and i'm wondering what you cloth dipin' mamas think is the best way to wash them?do you soak?what kind of soap do you use?do you dry in the sun?what is your best tip?<br><br>
thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
well for the first wahsing I just wash in HOT water for about 3 washes. the first wash i put a small squirt of blue dawn in to help remove the oils. then I throw them in the dryer to fully dry so that they fluff up nice and soft.<br><br>
After that I wash them on Hot and add an extra rinse at the end. Adding a small amount of laundry soap to the wash and in the rinse i put a small drop of TTO. I then put them out on the line if the weather permits and right before the are dry i bring them in to fluff in the dryer. If not they end up hard and I love my PF's to be nice and soft.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
p.s. does tide destroy your prefolds?

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
I used Tide for a long time. It works great as far as stains and odors, but it causes build-up very quickly. I prefer Sensi-clean/Sportwash now.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've never heard of putting a small bit of Dawn in the wash. Does this strip them better than other things?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>SaSa</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I've never heard of putting a small bit of Dawn in the wash. Does this strip them better than other things?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
I always thought Dawn was good for stripping fleece... I use a small squirt in the cold rinse when I'm washing pockets... I bet it would work at breaking down the oils on new prefolds too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts