Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am switching from a cloth diaper service, to washing my own prefolds, so even though I have been using cloth diapers for more than 4 months, I have not washed them.<br><br>
Most of the time the only machines I have access to will be coin op/laundrymat. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on ways to make that easier. Depending on where I go I may not have prewash/extra rinse options, are these necessary?<br><br>
My son is still exclusively breastfed if that makes a difference.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm also washing at the laundrymat. I have a sprayer hooked to the back of our toilet, any spray the poop off before I put the diaper in the pail. When I wash (1x a week, I have 5doz diapers) I use one of the big front loader washers and use the hot heavy soil cycle. I use Allens detergent. So far I have not had any problems w/ the diapers not getting clean.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I would agree with getting a sprayer to get to poo out before you put them in the pail. I've only used laundry mat washers a few times but they did a truly horrible job. They didn't have an option for heavy wash or extra rinse. I would definitely use those if you can find washers like that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i washed prefolds and fitteds at my laudromat for 2 months w/o any problems. the whole cycle was about 40 mintues and i did a hot wash using arm and hamer sensitive or essentials. top loaders generally clean better than front loaders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts