Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do with the junk? Can we, like, rent a commercial dumpster or something and have it hauled off? We have a lot of stuff that needs to be removed and I would really love to get it all done in one big swoop. One suggestion I got was to contact Junk It for waste management. Is this really feasible ? I mean are these services ready to provide service for once in a while ?

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,385 Posts
You can usually rent a dumpster from your trash company. I just checked ours yesterday actually. They rent different sizes for a 3 day rental. Drop it off and pick it up. The smallest size (Standard dumpster size) was $200, the biggest over $900 - but that was full industrial size.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You can usually rent a dumpster from your trash company. I just checked ours yesterday actually. They rent different sizes for a 3 day rental. Drop it off and pick it up. The smallest size (Standard dumpster size) was $200, the biggest over $900 - but that was full industrial size.
That seems really expensive!

OP, I would check around. We got one of the really big industrial size ones once that you can open on the side and walk right in and it was maybe $200-300. We had to shovel up a lot of wood chips from under our playground equipment, but we also took the opportunity to get rid of other stuff at the same time. It wasn't from the regular trash company though. There should be several companies that provide this service. I think it's called a "roll off".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts