Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we're out this afternoon having lunch w/ my family at a pizzeria. My ds (27months) taking part in adult conversation as usual. lol. The waiter approaches the table and drops his pitcher of water. My ds YELLS OUT "holy shit".
We all just stopped dead in our tracks... I have to admit we all laughed so hard!

Lesson Learned.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
My son went through a "shit" phase a while back, but hasn't cursed in months. None of us watch our language one bit, as we don't mind him knowing or using "bad" words. He just isn't interested right now and didn't get a rise out of us when he did it.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Dd, who is almost 29 months, is going thru her 'Damn it' phase :LOL

We don't really care that they know the words, dd1 just knows they they are not appropriate for her to say in public.
Dd2 soesn't really know any better yet.

We have gotten a chukle out of it but, we try not to show it...

·
Registered
865 Posts
We just heard our first "bad word" from our DS the other day. Dh was driving and some guy pulled out from a driveway and was just sitting in the middle of the road. Sure enough, from the back seat we heard, "jackass!". I laughed so hard I forgot to give DH a mean look for teaching it to him...lol.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
We haven't heard any "bad" words yet, but DS greeted DH last night and said "I a ratbag, I a ratbag". Now, I think I know who he heard ratbag from--that would be DH! It was too funny, but I hope DH gets the message and realises that DS hears EVERYTHING he says!

Alison

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by karlin
We just heard our first "bad word" from our DS the other day. Dh was driving and some guy pulled out from a driveway and was just sitting in the middle of the road. Sure enough, from the back seat we heard, "jackass!". I laughed so hard I forgot to give DH a mean look for teaching it to him...lol.
I need to start watching my language when I drive or else my DS will be doing the same thing in another year or so! :LOL

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I *HATE* pizza crust (and bread crust, and, well, you get the picture). One night we were eating pizza at home, he pointed to my plate and asked, "what's it called?" so I tell him, crust. A week or two later we were eating at a pizzaria, and he says (loud as day), picking up the pizza crust on my plate.

MOMMY, EAT YOUR CRAP.

DH and I died laughing.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
i have a word in my head for all the bad words that i might slip out

like when i accidentally said the d word, i was like, no honey, MAGNET.

ship for the s word, fork for the f word.

i don't usually cuss but it happened for the first time when i was at a restaurant without a changing table and poop got all over my pants. so my son was repeating magnet, magnet, MAGNET!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by midstreammama
Dd, who is almost 29 months, is going thru her 'Damn it' phase :LOL

We don't really care that they know the words, dd1 just knows they they are not appropriate for her to say in public.
Dd2 soesn't really know any better yet.

We have gotten a chukle out of it but, we try not to show it...

Yeah, we are going through our dammit!!!!! phase too.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
When DD was about 15 mos my MIL kept her while I worked, one day she went to her toy lawn mower tried to turn it on and said "shit" under her breath...we lived in an appartment with no grass to mow and proptly called her grandma. 3 years later and we still remind her of it.

When DD was 2ish and didn't speak clearly, truck was "fwuck" one day DH showed her a dump truck, the rest of the day all she talked about was the "dum fwuck"!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
:LOL These are too funny!

The other night, I was upset about something, and I said "I'm so pissed right now!" DD chimed in with "piss! piss! piss!", and she had the biggest grin ever on her face. :LOL

And she also pronounces "frog" like the f-word, and when she sees something, like a dog, for example, she says "oh, dog!", or she will say "oh, hi!"....see where this is going? We were out the other day in a crowded place, and a little boy had a stuffed frog, and she yelled "oh, fock!" :LOL

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Reminds me of "Meet the Fockers!":LOL
When M was ~2, he was playing in his room when I spilled something and said [email protected]#. About 15 minutes later he says "what shirt mama?" Then later He's jumping on the bed yelling "Oh my shirt" over and over.

Lesson learned? Kids hear more than you know, even when you think they're out of earshot!

·
Registered
88 Posts
My son once said, while we were riding in a bus, "Wow! Big truck! Holy Shit!" and I could not contain myself. I still giggle at the memory. He hadn't used that phrase in a long time; who knows why it came up right there!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Well, I just had another little kid yell F-ing B**ch at my ds the other day. Not so cute. Fortunately, my ds didn't pick up on the actual words being yelled. I got my revenge when my ds's parting advice (given in front of both the other 3 y.o.'s parents) was "don't do anything your parent's tell you to do!"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.