Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, has anyone tried this? It has an amazing texture. I have heard about using water buffalo milk in cheese making, so it is neat to find the yogurt at our co-op. Now if I could just get a water buffalo...

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Nope, haven’t tried it but I’ve really wanted to after seeing about it on a food network show. It looked very yummy and creamy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had water buffalo yogurt in India quite a bit and although the texture was great I really hated the taste. It was kind of gamey or something. I remember eating it one particular day and it just tasted so much like an animal that it grossed me out.

How is the taste of the type you tried?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaLi
How is the taste of the type you tried?
No funny or animal taste at all (at least to me). It kind of tasted lke if you mixed yogurt with ricotta, if that makes any sense. But I also like goat's milk which some people find "off" tasting. I do think that sometimes the "off" tastes have to do with the quality of the milk and milking practices, as least as far as it applies to goats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.