Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between watery cm and milky cm. When I have been using watery cm as it's discription ff is yelling at me things like "fertile cm seen after O" etc. So I went to the fertility awarness site, and they also list milky as a discription.<br><br>
Is watery cm clear? If it's like water but it's white do I put in creamy?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Watery CM is clear and more, well, watery, than creamy CM. Creamy CM is cloudy or white and a bit less fluid.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
creamy looks and feels more like lotion, and with watery, your fingers will just sort of be wet but you wont really see anything. if it doesnt seem right, are you sure it's not either semen or discharge that you are feeling, instead of cm?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok now I'm even more confused. It is the consistancy of water, but it's white. What would you mark on FF for this?<br><br>
I know it's not semen, is there other types of discharge is there besides cm? I don't have any signs of infection, and I get this type of cm every cycle.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
not sure either. this below is from ff. ff says if it's between 2 kinds, record the more fertile kind, but they really are talking about pre-o. it does include something like a flour/water mixture and 'milk' under creamy. could that be it? in any case, there really is no reason to record cm after o, if you really are sure that you did o, so if that's the case, dont stress too much about it.<br><br><br>
Creamy: Record your cervical fluid as "creamy" if it is like hand lotion, white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly but not very much and break easily.<br><br>
Watery: Enter "watery" if your cervical fluid is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical fluid is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical fluid or you may get it before you get eggwhite cervical fluid or you may not get this type of fluid at all.<br><br>
Eggwhite: This is your most fertile cervical fluid. Record "eggwhite" if your cervical fluid looks at all like real eggwhite, is stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
there is also arousal fluid and it is usual clear and very similar to ewcm but not as stretchy imho. i list anything that goes mostly clear(thats not semen or arousal fluid) as watery and and the white stuff as creamy. i agree FF would do to good to put a level in between then, i get that type a lot.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm not sure I have anything more clarifying to add that pp's... I just wanted to share your frustration, bc I get that kind of CM and I don't know what to mark, either. I've decided that's "creamy" on FF.<br><br>
That's one of my biggest issues with FF vs. TCOYF/FAM TCOYF has WAY more descriptors for CM than FF.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I call anything that's not clear "creamy" -- I think it's only "watery" if it's perfectly clear, like water. I don't think I ever have CM that's like lotion, though (in terms of color and texture), just varying degrees of milky colors to clear. So if your CM is usually thin (when not EWCM), I think "creamy" refers to the color and not the texture.<br><br>
But I didn't realize FF went nuts if you put in watery CM after O -- I always ALWAYS have watery for a few days after EWCM and before my period (usually around day 23-24 of my cycle). I never chart anything but EWCM, though (so I didn't know that watery after O makes FF go bonkers). Useful info, there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts