Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning our second home-water-birth and so excited!<br><br>
Thinking this time about: are some or all of the birth pools made from/with PVC in them? And the average garden hose too??? If it was cold water it might not be as big of a deal but last time I had my water nice and warm/hot for a portion of labor (let it cool a bit for the birth) and I think PVC seeps into the water if it's warm/hot - ???? I just don't want my baby born into a "PVC soup".<br><br>
Probably birthing in a bathtub would solve this but - there were so many nice things about the big birth pool - like being in my living room and everyone being all "around" literally, it being LARGE enough for my husband to sit behind me so I could relax in his arms between contractions. And I liked that the water level was much higher than I could achieve in (our) bathtub. And the bottom of the tub was comfy/padded - that was nice.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My La Bassine's specs:<br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Strong<br>
Made 0.42mm Vinyl<br><br>
Eco-friendly vinyl - no phthalates, lead or cadmium<br><br>
Ethically manufactured: no child, forced or underpaid labor LA BASSINE is strong and durable.</td>
</tr></table></div>
I noticed VERY little smell when I took it out of the box.<br>
We did get a "drinking water quality" hose for the birth tub. It's basically an RV drinking water hose. I would not use your average garden hose, I think lead is an issue in them?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts