Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we WILL try water for pain relief and now I have some questions.

Has anyone ordered from yourwaterbirth.com ? Are they trustworthy etc...? How fast is shipping?

Which water pump did you use? Is there a cheaper solution than the 70 $ pump on youirwaterbirth.com? A bucket is no option due to my squeamish husband and the backyard isn't either because we'll have the pool upstairs.

What about the hoses.....is their 18 $ 25 feet hose a good price or should I go to Target?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
There are some interesting posts baout hoses around. now that search is back, maybe I'll try to find 'em. Never ordered fro that place or heard of it for that matter, so I'm no help there. We had a little sump pump to suck the water out. Anything that it couodn't suck was just dumped. We had an AquaDoula w/liner though, so "stuff" stayed in the liner and just got junked
You're getting close now aren't you!? Wow.

Namaste, Tara
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,047 Posts
We didn't have a pump, nor a bucket to empty the pool after DD's birth.

A friend of mine lent us a little contraption that attaches to the faucet and to your hose - this time I got it at an aquarium supply store - This is it. It creates suction through the hose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
Assuming you use the mw I did (I need to pm you back about it), she is willing to bail it out with her assistant. This is what DH and FIL ended up doing with ours (FIL came down hours after the birth so it just sat there for ahwile). MW had to leave to catch her plane as soon as she finished up with the newborn check, etc. Talk to her about it because those pumps are expensive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
Yeah,I should mention that we got apump with renting our tub BUT we also had access to as many of them as we wanted for free because that's my DH's family busines -- they rent things out. Since they own them, we borrow whatever whenever and we used one of their pumps. They are expensive.

Namaste, Tara
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaTaraX
We had an AquaDoula w/liner though, so "stuff" stayed in the liner and just got junked
You're getting close now aren't you!? Wow.

Namaste, Tara
Yes


I have nearly 7 weeks, nearly 7 weeks......yikes!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemysunshine
Assuming you use the mw I did (I need to pm you back about it), she is willing to bail it out with her assistant. This is what DH and FIL ended up doing with ours (FIL came down hours after the birth so it just sat there for ahwile). MW had to leave to catch her plane as soon as she finished up with the newborn check, etc. Talk to her about it because those pumps are expensive!
Yes, that pump is nearly more than the pool. I was going to send her an e-mail anyway about what else I need if I want to use a pool, she knows my husband is beyong squeamish and prepared to see him faint


Let's see what she says.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LizaBear
We didn't have a pump, nor a bucket to empty the pool after DD's birth.

A friend of mine lent us a little contraption that attaches to the faucet and to your hose - this time I got it at an aquarium supply store - This is it. It creates suction through the hose.
Interesting, never heard of it before. Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,047 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huggerwocky
Interesting, never heard of it before. Thank you

It's probably slower, but it's cheap and it works.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top