Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
That means no more sharing of breastfeeding research w/the WHO unless the formula lobby clears it first. No more sharing AIDS, SARS, influenza, whatever.

How can they dictate who gets to go to a scientific conference? Is this even legal? It sure seems like a superbly dumb policy - scientific progress absolutely depends on the free exchange of ideas internationally. I can't even imagine why this is being done...

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
:puke

Quote:
Under the new policy, WHO must ask HHS for permission to speak to scientists and must allow HHS to choose who will respond.
WTF?!?!?

Are we all under house arrest now and I didn't even notice? Please tell me there is more to this story than meets the eye!

·
Premium Member
22,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure there is more to it, but I don't know anything about this topic.

I believe it is only scientists under federal employee: HHS Restricts Communications between U.S. Scientists and WHO Officials
A new HHS policy requires the World Health Organization to submit all requests for expert scientific advice to political officials at HHS who pick which federal scientists will be permitted to respond. The new policy and two recent Administration decisions to withdraw federal scientists from major international health conferences are part of a disturbing pattern of political interference in global health issues.

http://www.house.gov/reform/min/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts