Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so sorry. But I feel if there's any place I can ask this...It's here.

I'm 4'9" and pg with my first LO. I'm about 36w-ish...

And having bathroom troubles. Not the GOING...but the wiping. The logistics are killing me.

I can reach my girl-parts...but wiping the "other" area was almost just impossible.

Again, I'm really sorry about this. I'm not being snarky. But if I anyone has any logistical tips...I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thank yoU!

Mrs B

·
Registered
463 Posts
I totally sit over the edge of the bathtub and wipe with a warm wet facecloth. >.< I'm too fastidious not to get ENTIRELY CLEAN but have had terrible hemroids since 2nd trimester. This is gentler, cleaner and easier.

Not sure if it would help with the REACHING, but some kind of similar water-spraying set up might help?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Charlotte.

I may have to give that a try!

(again...TMI coming up). So far, I'm still fine with #1. But it's the #2 that gets me. I'm normally a front-wiper...but even tried the rear-approach today.

(I CANNOT believe I just typed that on a public forum!)

But both are next to impossible, at least sitting down. I'm starting to feel like it's easier to "go"...and then jump in the shower (with a washcloth). But I hate to take several showers/day.

Thank you all for letting me kvetch.

Mr sB

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meg,

We just received our birth kit yesterday...and I am pretty sure there is a peri bottle in there.

This is going to be a dumb question...but that will work for, um, cleaning after #2?

Thank yoU!

MrsB

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
A peri bottle is a great way to clean up after #2. We use family cloth too, which is a heck of a lot softer on the bum than toilet paper. It holds up better with the water too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.