Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well even though the car is gone... so no insurance, repairs, parking gas we still are not doing well with the budget. So I told dh bring in more $ if you want to spend the same amount but useless spending to that amount shouldn't cut into the family budget for things we need, savings, debts etc.
And I don't want to be without a car forever so we have to start saving as well for that purchase atleast a proper downpayment.

So any ideas?
I suggested that dh could teach a night course, tutor...he's a computer guy but no ability for overtime at work.

I am taking my lifeguarding courses again so I could do that on weekends or nights and not have to get babysitter for three kids (ouch).

I guess I could take in kids after school (a full day child might be too much between the kids now) but I'd really need a car for that.

· Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow ironing eh?
I can't iron to save my life
so I guess if I did need it I would have to pay out for it...is that just clothes or everything and washing?

but mostly since its dh's smoking habit that is blowing 400 a month..sigh..
what could he do
what are part time jobs men can do?

· Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol my mom is so like that she when they lived on a kibbutz doing the 60's hippy thing.... ironing that was her sole job outside ironing in the hot isreali heat for 8 hours a day she loved it.

that love is not genetic

· Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
drug trials are interesting I have seen the adverts but he's a heavy smoker so that usually excludes them.... lol

sales is an interesting thing maybe a job at a computer/electronics type store...but he'd want to spend what he pulled in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.