Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any ways to tempt DD into nursing more? We really only nurse at night and in the morning and only occasionally after naps (she most of the time isnt interested). I dont think she is ready to wean yet and I certainly arent ready. I know most of her problem is she is such a busy body! She is constantly on the move and nosy as all get out.<br><br>
We always nurse in the same place, on my bed. Ocassionally we nurse on the couch too (she initiated this). Should I just try and offer more during the day? More at night? Or is it just a lost cause and I should be happy we have the limited time we do? I know I have to get ready to her eventual weaning....I just dread the idea. Any help?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I assume you're talking about Li'l Bit?! It's not unheard of for a child to self-wean at age 2..........but it certainly couldn't hurt to offer more often. Just don't start chasing her around w/your boobs :LOL<br><br>
But seriously, babes are so good at seeking out what they need. I think if she was wanting to nurse, she would. But maybe you could evaluate your/her day, try to cut down some of the "busy" times, so that you can attempt offering more often?? And you may even find that she hits a growth spurt or developmental stage where she'll start wanting to nurse more. Congrats on nursing for so long, proud mommy!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts