Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a firend that is expecting in Sept. As part of her baby shower present I was thinking about making her 6 newborn and 6 small pocket diapers (she is planning on using spoosies) I know they are great if nothing else just incase you run out of diapers. $$ is a huge issue for her and I would hope that this might be the push to CD..

So what do you think??? Should I???

·
Registered
850 Posts
I would do it if you can without minding if she doesn't use them, or about what happens to them! It can be really hard if you put yourself out for someone using cloth, and then they don't - it can mess up a friendship.

Good idea to do 2 sizes, that will help. Will you give her stuffers too?

Another really easy baby gift that works even for sposie-users is a stack of pretty/cute cloth wipes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What a thoughtful idea. My only concern would be if your feelings are going to be hurt if she doesn't use them. I know that when I put so much effort into making something handmade for someone, I like to know that it will be used. And definitely ditto making wipes...those are always going to be useful- even to a someone who uses sposies.

Amy

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think some embellished prefolds are a great gift. they can be burp clothes or backup diapers. how 'bout some pretty prefolds and a wrap cover? (but that might just be because that is what I am currently i love with)

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I think that is a great idea!!!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Oh...maybe include some printed sheets on ease of using cloth, directions, and why to use cloth.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I third that this is an awesome idea as long as you don't get hurt if she chooses not to. I've sent a friend of mine one of my fuzzi bunz and a fitted and cover and a cd catalog and mentioned how wonderful my cloth is a million times yet she still uses sposies on her little ones. Sometimes people just aren't willing to switch. But it hasn't ruined our friendship, it just continues to be a difference in our lives and parenting styles and that's okay. So if you can feel that way, I think that's an incredibly thoughtful gift. I would personally love to get a gift of handmade cloth! I think that it would just make me smile to think of my friend everytime I change the diaper! What a beautiful friend you are!
meg

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
hmmm, what about some cute cloth wipes, some pretty dyed or plain prefolds, a snappi and a too cute cover or two. prefolds come in handy for burp cloths if she doesn't end up using them for diapers and wipes come in handy for so many things. that way you could encourage her without it seeming quite so much like you are trying to "force" her into cloth. jmho, you know your friend waaaay better than i do.
i understand wanting to get the fitteds and pockets to really help her see how easy it can be though, but i'm not sure what i would have done with such a gift if we were already planning on using sposies.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the Opinions.. I am going to do it and just include a little note with them saying that they are great for when she runs out.. And if she doesnt use them please sell them or pass them to someone that will. I will also do wipes and Wipe solution recipe. Who knows she just may like them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.