Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved to Portland, OR last June and since we moved we have had one illness after another. We have been sick more in the last year than we had been in the previous 3 1/2 years we were in Cheney, WA. Started with colds, runny noses, sneezing, ear infections, fevers. It has been a really bad winter and as of today we are on our fourth puking/diarrhea illness. It just goes from one person to the next and then when the last person gets its we have a break and then are sick again. What can I do to make this stop? Our diet is pretty good, there are things we could work on but I think we do pretty well. Is there something we can take to boost our immune system from all these illnesses (both cold and tummy bugs) I am going crazy with all this. Please any advice you have.

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
Have you had your house checked for mold? That seems to cause a whole bunch of illnesses. Otherwise, I'd start all of you on probiotics, a good multivitamin, and immune boosting herbs. I hope you are all feeling better soon!

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Just wanted to throw this out there: What about Amazing Grass-Green SuperFood they make a children's "chocolate" milk that is very good and super greens are go for the immune system. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
can you move out of the house and see if you feel better? my friend's ds was constantly throwing up for about a year, and then they moved to a hotel for some repairs in the house, and his vomiting stopped. they never figured out what was in the house, but they had to move. he was puking 7-8 times a DAY for about a year.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
This may be obvious, but is everyone washing their hands alot? My sister's family gets sick quite a bit and when we were there visiting them they were amazed that we washed hands before eating, after being outside or in public, etc etc. It just didn't occur to her to wash hands that much. Just a thought!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts