Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been planning on doing this for years and this summer it is really going to happen. We are building a Native American primitive house and living in it whenever we feel like getting away from the grid. So excited and I want to post updates to our buildings as soon as I take pics. We are using all primitive materials including homemade cordage to lash the polls. More to come...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good for you!! How are you water proofing the roof? I hope you post pics soon. My partner is trying to convince me to do this;) Would love to hear your story and how it goes! Do you have little ones? Good Luck! Have fun;)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The roof is still something dh and I are debating on. He wants cow raw hides then polls/stick, then mounds of debris. I am wanting to buy canvas drop clothes, or use bark slats and cattail mats, and then loads of debris.

Yup I have 2 young kiddos and they are going along with us every step of the way. This is a very good learning experience for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.