Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We picked up the pox.  I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 1/2 year old.</p>
<p>They are used to being very busy with their Nanny and doing "special" things with Mom/Dad on weekends.</p>
<p>The oldest is in a Reggio school 5 mornings a week in the morning  and the youngest during the week has library, play group, park time etc.  The oldest is also on the autism spectrum (super high functioning) and I am concerned about her routine being different and it bothering her.</p>
<p>Nanny took them out yesterday to get supplies and they have been home.  They are asking to go out and do things and so far  they are dealing with the "not this weekend".  The weekend is going to be loooooong.   </p>
<p> </p>
<p>DH and I struggle in our relationship and it is fairly common for him to stay home/disconnect and me to take the girl to the mall, childrens library, etc to keep the peace and enjoy our kids.   For now - this situation is ok - not ideal but ok.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I stopped at the thrift store this morning and picked up olllld videos (dude I scored an ancient inspector gadget - I am geeked!!) and a few things at Toys R Us (new playdoh kit and color wonder markers on sale) but I am clueless on entertaining them.  I am a major cabin fever person to begin with. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What do you all do with kids who are housebound? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The 4 year old just got the spots yesterday and the 2 year old has 3 as of this morning.  They are not cranky or acting sick yet - just a little stuffy.  The 4 year old is busy counting them.</p>

·
Registered
961 Posts
<p>Don't have much in the way of suggestions to keep them entertained, but I just wanted to say I wish MY kids had the pox!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck to you and I wish your kids a speedy recovery!</p>

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
<p>Well, they probably will be a bit more mellow than normal, because they are not feeling well.</p>
<p>My suggestions:</p>
<p>building a fort - sheets attached to chairs with rubber bands or pins, they can hide out in there, play.... </p>
<p>recycle toys  - if you do this, now is a great time to take out the new old things. </p>
<p>chicken pox party - put up announcements at you school, playgroup... and hope for a god turnout. </p>
<p>art projects - make your own play dough or color whipped cream and make a mess in the kitchen.... or bake a cake.</p>

·
Registered
571 Posts
<p>Water play in the bathtub!  Bring lots of items for pouring, containers, funnels, etc.  Our DD spent a lot of  time in the tub when she had the pox.   You can also put things in the bath to help with itching...like a little baking soda or a sock tied shut with oatmeal inside.</p>

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Lots of cooking. Lots of baths. A few videos to pass the time.<br><br>
You could also post on the Finding your Tribe forum for your area. Ill bet you'd get lots and lots of visitors that way. People are trying hard to expose their kids to pox right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts