Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've just decided to say screw the other family members who intentionally used (stole) our original baby name for this baby and we're going to name our baby... drum roll please...
:

Jackson Hall Woods

We'll call him Jack. Dh's granddad (who raised him and passed away when dh was 15) was named Andrew Jackson (and called Jack) and his cousin named their 2nd son Andrew, and thier 3rd son Jackson even though they knew we had wanted to use the name... we only see them at T'day & X'mas day so we're just going to have 2 Jack's on those two days every year.

I'm just so excited to have this settled once and for all!

Alayna & baby Jack!!
:

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
Congrats on choosing a name! Jackson is my all-time favorite boy's name, as well as my grandfather's middle name (he went by Jack); unfortunately, DH doesn't love it. I'm glad you're getting to use it! I love the combo of Jackson Hall, too.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm getting more excited now! I don't know, I guess b/c *I* didn't pick the name, I was a little... hesitant(?) at first, but it's a good name, and it sounds and feels like a strong name, and that's the same feeling I had about Bray's name, so I am easily falling in love with it!!
:

Bee, I didn't realize Jake was going to be a Jackson too!! How cool!!! I'm actually considering, and it actually feels more natural for me to *say* Jacks. I like Jacks, or Jax... either way... But then we have "The Rule of S's" that we've had to abide by throughout the naming ordeal, so I don't know about Jacks Woods
I think it will be fine though, as a nick name... I never refer to Bray as "Bray Johnson"... He's Braden Johnson... so this one will be Jackson Woods and I'll just call him Jacks when calling him by his first name... or Jackson's fine too! I just tend to shorten names naturally... I literally call my husband "A" 98% of the time b/c there's just not a very naturally short version of "Adam", lol... so "A" it is. I have learned it will get me just about anything I ask for, lmao...
"Aaaaaaayyeee"
:

Oh, and I meant to mention in my first post that Hall is a family name as well... that's A's grandma's maiden name (his mother gave it to him as a mn, he's Adam Hall Woods) so the baby will be Jackson Hall Woods after his grandfather & grandmother... *schweet*

Alayna

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.