Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,496 Posts
DS got 5 teeth in 3 weeks (starting at 8 months) and he bit down for the 1st time at 9.5 m/o. I was so shocked I pulled away (ouch he was still clamped) and as calmly as I could I said, "No Baby you don't bite mommy" and I covered up. He was upset that his food was taken away. I waited a few moments (about 30 secs?) and offered again and again he bit - I repeated what I did before. The 3rd time I was ready and I stopped him before he clamped. I continued the actions including placing him on the floor and saying a firm "no biting mommy".

I was also told to draw the child's face/head into your breast (for a second or two) since they can no longer easily breathe through their nose they will release the nipple from their mouth.

This lasted for about a week (and about 10-12 bites or attempted bites). He's not tried since and it's been over a month.

Check out KellyMom for more ideas....
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html

LP

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ellymay View Post
I called my mom and MIL to tell them that she has a tooth and do you know that both of them said well it is time to wean her then
I can't count the number of times people said that to me...

"Ohhhh he has a tooth? I guess you'll be weaning him then?"

My response: "Uhhh yeah. I'm going to punish my child for growing up. No thanks. We'll get through this phase too."
:

I pity the children who get teeth early and the parents believe that or get that advice
:

LP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.