Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
yay!

i think we have our girl name sorted out finally.

Charley Josephine

We have had this name for a long time...its a family name for me, and I love it for a girl. Seems the most apropos for us. Joseph is my husbands middle name. And this way, since Charley is a diminuitive - she has the option of CJ or Josie, or going by Josephine later in life if she choses. We have lots of friends who go by their middle names.

The boy names we are down to two. They are both pretty unique and I'm not sharing yet. Our number 1's are the opposite but we agree that they are both cool names. So we may bail on them entirely and go with our old standby - which was perfect before Christina Aguilera and Jlo had to go having babies. And everyone else for that matter...Maxwell. Its impossible to get ahead of the 'my child has a cool and unique name that no one else has' game. They are all bound to gain popularity at some point. And we aren't willing to go the 'Cletus' or 'Thor' route. Something to be said about a classic/timeless name.

Congrats October! I LOVE Clementine.

Anyone need a girl name?? How about Sabine, Saxon, or Embry (for girls). I love all these but they got vetoed. I also like the names Sterling and Salem.

I clearly have a thing for 's''s

·
Registered
272 Posts
I like both Levi and Clem. I also had Sabine on my short list, but it also got vetoed. So far we have a girls name we like a lot, Vivienne Scout. Our boys name is George, but we can't figure out a good middle name. The middle name my DH likes best so far..."Danger"

·
Registered
440 Posts
I can't believe you all are so far along on the names..... hubby and I just went looking for the first time last week. It was slightly overwhelming!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenproof View Post
yay!

i think we have our girl name sorted out finally.

Charley Josephine...........

Anyone need a girl name?? How about Sabine, Saxon, or Embry (for girls). I love all these but they got vetoed. I also like the names Sterling and Salem.

I clearly have a thing for 's''s
I love Charley for a girl and have thought about it -- though I've loved it forever and when I was 12 and had a girl cat I named her Charley (spelled that way).

I like your other girl name suggestions too

·
Registered
545 Posts
THANKS!! feel free to have them!! I wont get to use them. :-(

If I were a single mom - and had a girl - she would SO be a Sabine. Because Bean is a cute nickname....and I actually think Saxon works great for a boy too.

I had an old coworker with grown children, my age, named Miles (girl), and Saxon (boy). I always loved those names.

We like Griffin for a girl...but its my in-laws last name. Embry is my husbands fathers name, and they don't speak to eachother - so that would just be a little weird to explain. "yeah, your name after your grandpa...the one we don't talk to". haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Also like Cooper...but its pretty common. We may end up using that as a boy middle name.

Love Lucas - but it got vetoed. Also love Keegan, and it got the axe as well.

My grandmother was a Ruby - love that...husband hates it. I love Lola Grace, but my husband just thinks Lolas are for hoes and that Grace is like an old ladys perfume. WHATEVER.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
October i love the name Evangeline (it was a Matthew Sweet song
)

we have had our girl name picked out for months, boy name is getting closer but still in the air.

we are keeping everything secret until the baby comes ....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosergirl View Post
October i love the name Evangeline (it was a Matthew Sweet song
)

we have had our girl name picked out for months, boy name is getting closer but still in the air.

we are keeping everything secret until the baby comes ....

I tired that one on husband. He says 'you mean like the song'...I was so impressed my little punk rocker/classic rock listening hubby knew a thing about Matthew Sweet. And while it was EXACTLY what I was thinking...it didn't quite have the same effect on him.

Bah. I loved that song. And its a cool name!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zenproof View Post
I tired that one on husband. He says 'you mean like the song'...I was so impressed my little punk rocker/classic rock listening hubby knew a thing about Matthew Sweet. And while it was EXACTLY what I was thinking...it didn't quite have the same effect on him.

Bah. I loved that song. And its a cool name!
never heard the song. it's a good thing cause i thought i was being all original and stuff!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
At least we have a girl FIRST name picked out
Charlotte. We tossed around many, but we ended up back where we started. IF she's a she - she's a Charlotte. I can't WAIT until friday to find out!!!!!!

If it's a boy, we're screwed. WE just can'tagree on anything. My newest love is William. I love Billy - dh loves Willy for short. I have to think about it some more. It would likely be William Robert, I think. W. was always supposed to be the middle name, but William W. stinks

·
Registered
571 Posts
I really feel like we're having a boy...but of course I could be completely surprised.
We have a boys name picked out but no girl's name that we're super excited about. So we'll see. Maybe it will come to me in a dream.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia24 View Post
If it's a boy, we're screwed. WE just can'tagree on anything. My newest love is William. I love Billy - dh loves Willy for short. I have to think about it some more. It would likely be William Robert, I think. W. was always supposed to be the middle name, but William W. stinks

My DS is William. Middle name Campbell.

William Robert gives way to Billy Bob. What about Walter for the middle?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

not that it should in anyway change your mind about that name, its a great name and i happen to think a great song

·
Registered
464 Posts
We're probably going with Charlie too, girl or boy. The babe was named shortly after my son was born, we both just agreed Oliver and Charlie sound good together
So, it's Charlotte Elizabeth for a girl and Charlie Mervyn for a boy. It was kind of nice to decide before we even concieved, because under the baby on my 6 week dating U/S the tech wrote "Charlie!!!" I think it's cute.

Although, I do love the name Jovie too, so if it's a girl we'll have to see what she looks more like.
I loooove name threads!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.