Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did not intend to co-sleep with ds, but his sleeping habits steered us in that direction. We set up his crib beside our bed and that's where he went down. The problem was that he usually wakes at 3am and wants to snuggle. Which is good, but he's restless for the rest of the night and no one gets sleep. We are having major tantrum issues and I'm suspecting that he's not getting enough sleep. He naps, but sometimes his naps are so short and he's very cranky for the rest of the day.

Yesturday we cleaned out the office. Our house has 3 bedrooms upstairs and a den downstairs on the main floor. The girls have their own rooms and want to keep it that way. So, we set up a room for him in the office/den. It is really a great set up. He has his own space on the main floor and he's very proud of it. He can come and go in his room without worring about stairs. We decided to set his crib up and let him sleep there. Last night was the first night. He slept the whole night, all the way until 7:30am. We all got a full night sleep.

I'm thinking it's the best for all of us, but I'm sad that I won't be snuggling with him at night. I know we will all be getting a better sleep, but it's still sad. Dh is out of town and I'm going to sleep on the couch close to his room. We had a nap this afternoon and it was nice.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hugs mama- I can only imagine. It does sound like it is a good solution to what everyone needs. You'll just have to pack in the snuggle time during the day! If your sleep deprovation theory proves accurate, you'll have more time since you wont' be doing so much discipline and tatrum patrol

It's a hard choice to make- what's best for him (and you and dh) vs. what feels good. Cosleeping is wonderful but only if it benefits everyone especially the child. If he was having problems i'd say, scrap it and bring him back to bed, but it sounds like he's ready and it's right.

hang in there!!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.