Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just had to share this...

As some of you may remember I posted a while back asking about how well newborn diapers fit on a nice BIG newborn. At the time new baby boy wasn't out of the hospital yet-but now he's home!!
The bummer part of the story comes in with the disposable diapers he had to wear in the hospital-his poor little bottom was red and sore and no matter what cream I used I couldn't get it to clear up. Fast forward to the first night home when we used his Happy Heiny's stash on him for the very first time. We had no leaking and even better- baby had no redness or owie spots the next morning

Just a side note about disposables-
I never realized how bad the things smelled even when they weren't wet.
I now understand what you mama's meant by the icky smell.

It's cloth for us all the way!!

Thank you to all the mama's for responding to my questions when I needed them-we all appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Ohhhhh.. the first night home. I hope it was a wonderful sleep filled night. I am bound and dertermined that even if i have another hosputal birth, we will NOT stay more than 6 hours because we got NO sleep in the hospital and it made for a horrid first week. You are so blessed to have a new bum to diaper! Disposables really can be so harsh on a newborn. The sad part is, it's the norm.. and people just expect it. Isn't it great to know better than that? Congrats on your arrival home! Take care of yourself and that new little darling of yours!

Amber

1 - 3 of 3 Posts