Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....without me ending up in the funny farm! i know it doesn't seem like much, but i feel like we are slowly coming out of the fog and getting a true handle on things. We are still EBF and that seems to be going just fine. I am healed up- physically, at least- from the c-section and I can take a bath, go to the pool and/or have sex. I figured out how to sling both babies at the same time. My toddler has seemed to accept life as it is and embraced the big sister thing without too much strife. Heck, I have even left the house with the kids for fun outings now and I also made an actual dinner once this week.

Here's to the next 6 weeks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congratulations!!! My twins were "big" at birth like yours and made it to 38 weeks. They're 13 months now, and I assure you, the fog WILL lift and life will become semi-sane. Just take things in baby steps and don't sweat the small stuff. Twins are wonderful!!!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Congratulations! I love reading your updates. Your DD is the same age as mine, and I am getting nervous about handling her and the twins when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i put illyria in my pouch sling, cradle carry w/ the sling over my left shoulder, then i put finn in my ring sling, also cradle w/ the sling over my left shoulder and his body hanging lower/under hers. i'll have to take a picture!

i don't do it too often, just when i'm by myself w/ them and they are both crying, but not hungry. we weighed them at the grocery store and she's 9lbs. 4oz. and he's 11lbs. 8oz. with their clothes on-- so that's a lot of weihgt to sling. but it calms them down really quickly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.