Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow JUST wow. we drove across country to our new house (3000 miles) and both dogs where absolutly wonderful. not a peep, nothing, they got in and out of the car great, they didnt growl and anyone at any of the rest stops. we pretty much drove 13 hrs a day. and all 5 of us plus 2 dogs where crammed into my caravan. again , I totally underestimated my 2 pups (1 being a one yr old lab mix the other is a 3 yr old JR/hound mix) actually I think Dusty enjoyed it alot, she loved looking out the windows. the hotel rooms really didnt bother her, and im sure they smelled of other dogs.

Funny once we got to the new house Dusty kinda just stayed in the living room, wouldnt leave, the day after we got here we unloaded stuff, and once her couch came off the truck the shaking stopped, and the past few days, she has started to explore the house.

The Az heat is taking alot out of them. They are not used to this at all, so they sleep alot durning the day.

·
Registered
969 Posts
That is quite an accomplishment! I would've pulled my hair out. Congratulations! Are you going to take them out for a run at night? Buy them a new plastic pool? Take them swimming? All of the above? They sound like they deserve extensive belly rubs, ear jobs, and butt scratches at the very least.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts