Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a lot of threads lately that have been really sad so I thought it would be nice to start a happy news thread. Has anything good happened in the circ world around you lately?

I have some good news. I'm having a boy
He will certainly be keeping his foreskin just like my DS did. I'm hoping that I can raise some circ awareness just by having two boys with foreskins. People actually do ask why DS's penis looks different and that opens the door to a circ discussion. I've been really trying to do my part to educate people about circ. There was a great thread in my DDC about circ not too long ago. It seems that most in my DDC are anti circ!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have two intact boys and my next, if a boy, will also remain intact. I'm looking forward to one of my sons maybe someday being the reason why one of their circ'd friends goes home and asks his parents what was done to him.
:

Today's new parents who are circing don't realize that they WILL be getting this question down the line. I hope they have something better to say than, "We thought you should look like your father."

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
My son was born last Monday (the 26th of February) and is intact. If my daughter had been born a boy, she would have been circ'd. It was this board who kept my son whole. (Thanks!)

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by elmh23 View Post
My son was born last Monday (the 26th of February) and is intact. If my daughter had been born a boy, she would have been circ'd. It was this board who kept my son whole. (Thanks!)
Hearing stories like this makes me really happy!

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
Here's a little happy news from a friend of mine. A woman I had met who was preggo at a LLL meeting who I have known for a while (had a girl at home) well, I talked to her briefly about circ and some of what I had found vaguely. I told her that there was a ton of research out there and that it was something super important to read about before making any decisions. Anyhow...she emailed me a while back to let me know she had her son and he is staying WHOLE. Her DH was COMPLETELY supportive and receptive to all the info that she had found online and made the same conclusion. She and her DH are really smart people...so I had a good feeling there would be a positive outcome

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Here is a happy list for you.

My baby son is intact
My sisters two sons are intact
I have two brothers with sons-all of them intact
All but one of my five brothers are intact (my mom says the first was a mistake)
My younger sisters are already saying they would never circ
All of my friends so far have intact baby boys

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Well, my boys are intact, any future boys I may have will be intact, and my 16 yo sister now thinks that circumcision is the barbaric evil that it truly is, so her boys will also be intact. Oh, and my dh went from, "well, fine, if you don't want them circumcised, then whatever" to "OMG, they're not circumcising that poor little guy, are they?"

Win any battle, right?

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
YAY!!!!!! I love threads like this one!!

My two boys are intact!!
My two nephews are intact
My mom's friend has an intact boy
At least 5 of the boys in my homeschool group are intact not including my two (it's a small group too).
One of my close friends is against circ and wouldn't have circed if she'd had boys
I also know of several other parents who have kept their sons whole!!!!

Congrats to all of you one pregnancies!!!!

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
My best friend's son is circ'd because she knew absolutely nothing about it or what it entailed. She is now with a new guy, who is intact. Now that she knows the difference first-hand, as well as what's involved with a circ, she would NEVER circ another child.

And my DS is intact - due in part to Peggy O'Mara's "Natural Family Living" and in BIG part to MDC!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I am the mama of an intact son and my dearest friend who is due with Mr. Miles late April early May will NOT be circing him!!! I am thrilled I was able to reinforce any questions or doubts she had....

I wear my "Born Perfect" bracelet and get quite a few questions just from that.....YAY to this thread!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
This is my very first post on MDC. I mostly lurk as we have no children yet.

Anyway, my good news is that prior to joining MDC we probably would have circed just because DH is and "that's what's done". Now though, there is NO WAY on earth that any baby boys we have will come home anything but WHOLE!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My friend is having a boy on Wednesday (scheduled C-section, that's not the good news part) and he will be INTACT!! Her boyfriend had been extremely adamant about their DS being circumcised but she managed to convince him to leave their DS whole. (Doing the happy dance for that sweet babe and his foreskin!)
:

Also, every single time I change my DS's diaper I am reminded that I am soooo glad we didn't have him circumcised. He was perfect when he was born and he is perfect now!

P.S. It's so nice to see a good news thread!

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckC View Post
This is my very first post on MDC. I mostly lurk as we have no children yet.

Anyway, my good news is that prior to joining MDC we probably would have circed just because DH is and "that's what's done". Now though, there is NO WAY on earth that any baby boys we have will come home anything but WHOLE!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
one of my oldest friends is up the stick and has NO intentions of circing! her husband is irish and intact. she told me about their midwife appointment the other day: the midwife was going over the basic questions and said, "would you ever consider circumcision?" then stopped herself, looked at them and said, "i have no idea why i'm asking you this question." yay!

·
Registered
435 Posts
my son is intact and if there are more sons in my future they will be also.
i also gave my best friend a bunch of info while she was pregnant and her son is intact to.

at the beininng neither i was leaving it up to DP to decide but as i was researching more and more i hoped upon hope he would decide not to so we wouln't have to argue about it. and he decided not to, i didn't know that he was doing a bunch of research at the same time.

yay whole boys!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by De-lovely View Post
I am the mama of an intact son and my dearest friend who is due with Mr. Miles late April early May will NOT be circing him!!! I am thrilled I was able to reinforce any questions or doubts she had....

I wear my "Born Perfect" bracelet and get quite a few questions just from that.....YAY to this thread!
Where can I get this bracelet?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.