Mothering Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't intend to tell yet, but my father-in-law always asks me when I'm having more kids and when he asked today I couldn't lie! So then tonight I showed my mom the big brother/big sister shirts I had for the twins. She was pretty excited. So the news is out! I am feeling really happy about things right now.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Aw, how exciting I'm not sure when we'll tell our families, but as of now are planning to wait a bit longer. My husband's family watches like hawks for any potential signs that anyone is pregnant, so I'm going to have to be careful not to let on in any way! I might need to tell at least a few friends irl otherwise I'll explode lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
We haven't told anyone yet. I like to wait as long as possible. We don't have family in state so this is fairly easy. I am not sure how in laws will react since this is our 4th and no one in that extended family has more than 3 and most have 2. I am one of 5 and one of my sisters has 4 kids so we will have support there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I told my parents, as well as 2 friends who knew we had been trying for so long. My ILs are coming to visit next weekend, and we can't decide if we will tell them yet or not. We won't tell anyone else for a long time!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am having a hard time really believing that I am pregnant after so many months of trying. Also feeling like it might not stick or be healthy, so...... we are going to wait to tell anyone until after we get the results from the Maternity21 test and after I see a heartbeat on an U/S. So probably 11 or 12 weeks.

I'm so excited to tell my boys who are 6 and 9 and have always wanted more siblings!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I actually told my mom first as I was in shock when I got a BFP. She took it rather well considering I had just told her a couple weeks ago that there would be no more babies for a long time as I am going back to school in April. We are waiting to tell Dh's family as they feel they have the right to tell us how we should live our lives. (They had 2 kids and we should only have had 1 because we don't have that much money, etc. etc.) We have love and friends to support our family and they just don't get that as they are financially based people. Anyways, it won;t be possible to really hide me being pregnant for long as this is baby #4 and I started showing at 12 week with #3 . Plus, with this morning sickness I will be running to the bathroom quite often.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
We ended up telling my parents and siblings on Sunday. They were all excited and happy.. Now we have to figure out when to tell my husband's family.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hi @Serafina33!! Congrats to you as well! How exciting! Do you know gender yet? I hope you're doing well!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Hi @Serafina33!! Congrats to you as well! How exciting! Do you know gender yet? I hope you're doing well!

I'm going to let #4 be a surprise! :) week 17 and all is well now that first trimester is behind me thank god. Oklafarmmama just had a second baby! I keep hoping to see some of my Oct ddc pals in life with a toddler and sometimes I do, so you should stop by too!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I will!

·
Registered
14 Posts
We told both grandmas over dinner last week and MIL (who adores babies and currently watches our 20 month old) was over the moon. My mom, not so much.

She just stared and didn't say anything until 20 minutes later "Oh by the way, Congratulations". It was kindof awkward and disappointing, but I won't let it damper my excitement!:grin:

·
Registered
226 Posts
My parents were in happy tears. They're absolutely obsessed with my daughter so that was no surprise to me!

My MIL, on the other hand, apparently wasn't as elated. My husband told her on the phone, and after a long moment of silence she said, "Well, maybe after this one you'll think about protection!"

Ha.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I told my sister yesterday because she was in town and I wasn't sure when I would see her in person next. We have a trip planned in a few weeks to go visits DH's family. We got DD a shirt that will be our announcement. :D I am going to see my mom this weekend, but I may not tell her yet, because A) I'll have DD with me, and I didn't want to tell her quite yet, and B) my mom is sick and on hospice, and depending on her mental state she may not process it. :( My sister was definitely excited, and I know DH's parents and family will be too.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My parents were in happy tears. They're absolutely obsessed with my daughter so that was no surprise to me!

My MIL, on the other hand, apparently wasn't as elated. My husband told her on the phone, and after a long moment of silence she said, "Well, maybe after this one you'll think about protection!"

Ha.
Wow!!! That is crazy. I can't believe people can have such negative reactions to such happy news. Always baffles me when I hear stories like this.

Reactions: colomomma

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Ha.
Wow, and it's only your second child??! That is nuts. I had a friend say something similar but this is my fifth baby, so I expected to get that kind of comment more. I remember when I was pregnant with my second a lady asked me if I would be done after two. So nosy and rude!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts