Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure this is the right forum, but thought I could get some advice here. Move it if necessary.<br><br>
I weaned ds1 at 2.75 after tandem nursing for over a year. I just became very tired of the competitive dynamic of ds1 and ds2.<br><br>
Anyway... here is my question...<br><br>
Ds1, now a little over 3.5 often asks to nurse. Sometimes he is even really pushy about it. He also asks if ds2 is getting too old to nurse.<br><br>
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Sounds like that competitive thing coming back in another way. Spend some one on one time with DS1 as much as possible. At least equal to the time you spend nursing DS2. That is all I got seeing as we are no where near your position yet. I am sorry, it must be so stressful for you

·
Registered
156 Posts
My first asked daily for six months and continues to ask maybe once a month now if he couldn't start nursing again (It's been two years!). I think it's really hard when they see you nursing number two all the time. Maybe just remind him that you spend your snuggle time doing other things -such as reading, etc. And then make sure that you do so that he does get that special time with you.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Could you offer to snuggle with him instead? Maybe read a book, just the two of you? I bet he's missing that closeness and special one-on-one time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts