Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD weaned when she was 17 months (she's 27 months now). Lately she has been very into holding and caring for her baby doll and I've encouraged her because she has a sibling on the way and I figured it would be good to get her used to the idea of a baby needing rocking, feeding, diaper changes, holding, etc...<br><br>
The other day she gave me her baby to hold and then pointed at my breasts and said 'baby mamas' (mamas is her word for nursing) so I pretended to put the doll to my breast, figuring it would be good for her to make that connection that a baby needs mama's milk. She smiled and then said "And me" and climbed up into my lap and wanted to pretend to nurse. I let her, curious what she would do. She didn't actually latch on, just put her mouth very near to my nipple and pretended to suck. She's done it a couple times now when I'm holding her baby doll and it made me wonder if this means she's just making the connection about babies needing nursing or whether she might be jealous and want to nurse when the baby arrives and is attached to my boob a lot.<br><br>
What have others' experiences been with this?<br><br><i>(x-posted in Toddlers)</i>

·
Registered
154 Posts
During the first couple months, my older son was very interested in 'mama's milk'. I just let him experiment. He put my nipple in his mouth, but it was like he forgot how to latch and suck. He just sat there with it in his mouth. BUT, when I pumped some milk for my husband to bottle feed, he would try to steal it. I let him drink it once. He took one sip and said it was yucky. I think he was just curious. Now he has no interest in it what so ever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts