Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to wean my 27 month old. We are down to nursing just for naps and to go to sleep at night. It takes about an hour for each nursing session. I have noticed that nursing seems to be more of a distraction than an aid to lull to sleep. How do you suggest doing this with the least amount of trauma and without loosing the nap?<br><br>
Thanks,<br><br>
Lori

·
Registered
473 Posts
I weaned my son for naps by nursing him in our living room, and then laying down with him in the bedroom. When he asked to nurse again, I told him we just did, etc. I would also read books to him in bed, etc.<br><br>
The next step was to emit the nursing in the living room and go right to the bedroom for that routine.<br><br>
Basically, i was teaching him how to fall asleep without nursing, but still providing it at first. I did it very gradually also. It worked pretty well for us. Hope this makes sense, getting late!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I want my dd weaned by December, when she will be 3.<br><br>
So slowly Ive been distracting. But one thing that has helped me nightwean is counting. Telling her Im counting to 10 or 20, then unlatching her. Now she nurses to go to sleep and when she wakes in the morning. I have no idea how Im going to cut those nursings........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts