Mothering Forum banner

Do you put on 'out of season' prints on your child?

• Yes, I can celebrate halloween(turkey day, christmas, etc) all year long!

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Yes, just when no one's looking

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Yes, a diaper's a diaper

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • No, it's a diapering crime!

Votes: 6 12.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have alot of seasonal dipes. I plan on reselling them, but am willing to wait until right before that season starts, lol to sell them.

Do you keep using your 'out of season' dipes? I do, but I keep them at home, lol. Like I have this cute aio from angelwraps with jackolanterns on it, but it is an aio and so soft, so I use it all the time, then I have this gorgeous fitted from holden'slanding in indian corn...still using
And a gold snowflake from last year's fmbg I used all summer!!!! :LOL

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A diaper is a diaper and I love the seasonal prints I have. They probably won't fit next year so I will get my wear out it now. As far as selling goes, I will wait until it is closer to the particular holiday to sell something - which reminds me, I have a newborn size St. Patrick's Day cover from SugarPlum Baby that I need to get ready to sell.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I voted yes when on one is looking..:LOL
I am getting an amazing snowflake set from Fussybutt and I can't imagine letting all that hard work just sit on a shelf cause it isn't snowing anymore.

I may not put a snowman cover on teh go tot he park but we will wear it al year long

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Yes, I have a really cute snowflake diaper I plan to continue using through spring and summer. I mean if you really think about it you could call a floral print "seasonal" since you mainly see flowers in spring, not in winter. OTOH I have to say specific holiday designs don't appeal to me all that much. And those "First Halloween", "First Thanksgiving" etc bibs you see in the stores before every holiday drive me up the wall. I'm supposed to pay $5-10 on a BIB for my kid to wear at ONE DINNER? Yeah right.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I guess I wouldn't say it's a "crime" but it would really bug me to have Lily in a seasonal dipe out of season. That's probably the reason we don't own any! OTOH, if I had a seasonal dipe that I loved, I'm sure I'd get over it and use it anyway. Kind of like I used to not want print or colored dipes because "what if it doesn't match her outfit?" but now that's all we have and I just grab any nearby diaper and don't think twice about whether it matches.

Tara

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I love seasonal dipes. I like to use them all year long. I don't know why except that I usually like the print and the make of diaper. So I just use it all the time. I can't really put them aside at the moment, we go through them all. I mean, what does it really matter?
I don't usually sell things until my little one outgrows them and or they are too big.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adenlilysmama
I guess I wouldn't say it's a "crime" but it would really bug me to have Lily in a seasonal dipe out of season. That's probably the reason we don't own any!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Most of our diapers are "seasonal". Holden has a stash of a dozen fall/Halloween themed diapers that we use daily. Today, we had on a cornucopia print, a reindeer print, a woodland santa print and a skeleton print all in succession.

I voted that yes, we cn celebrate Halloween, turkey day, etc. all year long!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I am always celebrating!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.