Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone.<br><br>
I wore my son a lot when he was immobile, but now that he's mobile, he basically looks at me like, "Are you for real?!" when I try to wear him at home. haha. My aunt made me a sling for when he was little, and we have a Baby Bjorn (I hate it), but I want something different for when we go out. It's so much easier (and fun for me!) to wear him, rather than popping him in a stroller or cart. He DOES like to look around and is very interested in his surroundings (when I just hold him, in stores, he will even try to bend backwards to look at things sometimes - haha).<br><br>
What kind of slings do you wise mamas recommend for a wiggler like that?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wear my squirmy, very strong almost 8 month old dd, mostly in a wrap. I haven't tried it yet, but there is even a carry called the wiggleproof carry! That said, when I go to the store, I just use a pouch, easy on, easy off! HTH

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Once Bobby got to about 6 months old, it got harder for me to carry him on my front or hip - he just kept wanting to grab things or get down, and I wasn't able to get much of anything done. So I made a MeiTai-type carrier, and learned how to put him on my back in that. We don't go much of anywhere now without him strapped to my back - he's 8 months old now, and 23 lbs. I also have learned how to do back carries in a wrap - those work very nicely, too, once you get the gist of it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
What do you mean by a wrap- Mehndi Mama?<br><br>
I am also trying to figure out the sling/pack/wrap question. I have a 19 lb. 6 month old and my sling has been wonderful but is now killing my back and neck since he is so heavy!<br><br>
I want to make or buy just one new carrier to start. Can anyone recommend patterns or brands?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
By a wrap, I mean a wraparound carrier like a Moby or Didymos - I never mention them by name because I make my own and sell them....and it's taboo on MDC to mention your own product in a thread.<br><br>
If you want to make your own wrap, it's just 6 yds of fabric about 20"-30" wide. I used cotton gauze for my first one. Hem the edges, taper the ends if you like for easy tying - they're VERY simple to make!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts