Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I can't get dd comfortable on the potty while she is wearing pants. What I mean by that is that if I pull her pants down to around her ankles, she really can't sit on the BB potty. So if I'm going to have pants on her, I have to take them all the way off and then put them on again, which is a lot of hassle! It hasn't been a problem for a while, because it has been warm and I've been letting her scoot around naked or with just a top on. But now it is cooling off and I don't want her freezing her buns off! She's not great about cueing pees unless I'm holding her, so I end up putting her on there a lot more often than she actually goes, so that's why the pants on/off thing is such a hassle.<br><br>
I'm considering getting some open-crotch pants, but we still have several pee misses every day and I would have to spend a fortune to outfit her regularly in those things. Plus, I hate to buy a bunch if they aren't going to be especially helpful, and how do I know?<br><br>
I know this is kind of rambling, I guess I'm just looking for input or suggestions.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I've been using one piece outfits that have snaps along the crotch & pant legs. I just leave them open when we're not going out, unless it's cold in here (weather is rather variable lately). I also put on a cloth diaper without a cover most of the time, but you could do the same thing without a diaper if you wanted.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that works? The fabric stays out of the way and the outfit stays on? I may have to try this.<br><br>
We do use snug-to-fits w/o a cover sometimes, but it makes me lazy so we try to go bare butt as much as possible. We're moving to a place with wall to wall carpeting, so we might need to change our ways. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It gets wet occasionally, but not very often (not even once per day), and never when she's on her potty. It's always when she happened to be sitting on the fabric when she wet her diaper (no cover). It doesn't get in the way of her crawling at all. (I wish!)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Alona is 4 days older than my son, Mez!<br><br>
We too are facing the same problem. It is getting cold here and he has been naked all summer long. I tried the one piece outfits, leaving the snaps unsnapped in the crotch but that doesn't work for us. Mez never wears a diaper and so the snaps are then right against his skin and they press into his skin leaving marks. Well this only happened once because after that I decided that I would never do that again. I thought of cutting the snaps out of the crotch area and sewing a hem around the cut fabric, but there are still snaps on the legs that leave marks as well.<br>
I did cut out the crotch of one pair of pants and then hemmed the cut fabric. That worked. We only own one pair of pants though. Unfortunately our local thrift store never has plain infant pants (or much of anything else for that matter) so I will have to hope they get more soon.<br>
I was thinking of trying to make leg warmers and then having him wear a longer shirt to cover his bum. I'm not sure how I would be able to make them stay up though.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, so leaving the snaps open on a one piece outfit is not working for us. The pee got all over the leg and crotch area of the outfit even when she was sitting on her potty.<br><br>
I did cut a hole in the crotch of a pair of cheapo garage sale pants and it looked like that might work, but she didn't go on her potty and then went on the floor, and of course the legs got wet so we'll have to wait for laundry day to try again.<br><br>
I so wish I could sew!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts