Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i went to a couple of places where you can get a website from them, but they said i either have to design it myself or hire a webdesigner to do it for me?!? how much does this cost? and can anyone tell me who they use for their websites, cuz the ones i'm finding are pretty expensive!!! thanks so much for any help you can spare!!

· Registered
6,211 Posts
Waters Web is a good option, I think I got my whole site set up for around $50? I can't quite remember the exact amount, but it was a very reasonable price.

Otherwise, if you cannot afford much right now, many places (I think waters web does this) you can buy a premade template for your site and it is cheaper than having one made for you.

· Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks so much for all of your help, but do i need to purchase from waters web first and then hire a designer or do i need to have a design before i buy the site?? i am so confused by all of this!! any help or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated! i've got my product and i've picked my host and my designer, but where do i go from here?? thanks!

· Registered
6,211 Posts
Michelle at WatersWeb will take care of you
She has tons of tutorials for what to do and she will even walk you through the steps via IM or email. So you purchase a design package from her, tell her what you want your site to look like and she makes a template for you. You then get the template and instructions on how to edit it to create your pages. If you want her to create the pages it is extra money.

You should visit her site and email her, I emailed her numerous times before I decided on using her. She also has a support forum where we can post questions for her to answer.

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Jan Andrea of sleepingbaby.net is wonderful to work with. She's very open to bartering as well; she designed my whole site for barter. She's a perfectionist and has a real touch for making truly one-of-a-kind websites; I really believe that the website she designed for me is what made my biz sing.
Jan's the coolest! :LOL She also has an inexpensive host that she can recommend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.