Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Any suggestions? Babycenter has one but it is too mainstream for our taste. Something similar to Mothering but for dads would be ideal.</p>

·
Registered
896 Posts
<p>There's a specific <a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/list/40">forum</a> on MDC specifically for Dads.</p>

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
<p>the MDC dads forum is not very active.  My partner would like to find a forum for Dad's too.  Does anyone know of any other parenting forums with more active dads?</p>

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
<p>Not super helpful here but I'm willing to bet that what you get here is probably as good as it gets for dads. Dads just don't seem to be as into discussing children etc like a woman would be. I think it's just a natural thing, you can throw virtual rocks at me if you want but I think women are more social and more likely to discuss family type things. </p>

·
Registered
618 Posts
<p>Yeah, unfotunately, I think that dayiscoming2006 is right. There are forums for dads that are more active than mothering, butthe more dads we can get over here, the better it will be. I know that for my DH, he hates reading comments on mainstream forums. I wish we could meet more families like our irl. I think DH would appreciate having another dad to talk to that understood where he's coming from. He may think some of the things I suggest are "weird," but he's way more comfortable with them than he is with mainstream parenting. A friend of mine decided not to breastfeed because her DH didn't want her to. He didn't want to "share" her breasts. DH called the guy a few names and said that the guy was being incredibley selfish and that selfishness like that is what's so wrong with so many parents today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know that for me, it's nice to have a sort of "safe haven" here at Mothering where I can discuss things like homebirth, breastfeeding past age one, and other parenting issues without having the entire discussion be about me defending my choices to people that don't understand them. I mean, I like debating, and educatinig others to a point, but when I'm wondering something like, "Should I have our 2.5 year old attend the homebirth of his sibling?" I need to talk to people about it that won't automatically write it off as crazy and gross, KWIM?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The more dads we can get on here, the better it will be for all of them.</p>

Reactions: dayiscoming2006
1 - 5 of 5 Posts