Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>So I'm only now realizing that I should have taken my wedding rings off weeks ago - my fingers are swollen just enough that I can't get the rings off. So far I've tried greasing my finger with butter but no go. Any other suggestions??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
591 Posts
<p>Try going outside while using lotion or oil of some sort.  The cold temp should shrink your fingers a bit.</p>

·
Registered
885 Posts
<p>Stick your hand in a bowl of very cold water (throw some ice cubes in if you need to). That'll help reduce the swelling and hopefully you'll be able to slide your rings off. </p>

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
<p>DDCC.  In past pregnancies I have wrapped my finger with thread all the way to the ring to sort of "bind" the swelling.  Here is a picture tutorial I found that explains it better than I can.  <a href="http://www.ehow.com/how_5578423_remove-stuck-finger-very-easy.html" target="_blank">http://www.ehow.com/how_5578423_remove-stuck-finger-very-easy.html</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>GL!</p>

·
Registered
823 Posts
<p>Try first thing in the morning.  I can get my rings off easier in the mornings with cold running water.</p>

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
<p>Are you trying to get it off b/c it's become uncomfortable/painful? I took mine off a while back...maybe 5 weeks ago? b/c it had been <strong><em>highly</em></strong> recommended that I do it sooner than later. I was able to pry it off but it left an imprint on my finger for at least a couple days!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck with all the suggestions!!</p>

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<p>Thanks for all your feedback! Yes, I am trying to get them off because they are too tight at this point - not uncomfortable but I am getting worried that they will only get tighter as my swelling increases in these last weeks of pregnancy. I should have done it a long time ago...going to try the ice cube method in the morning!</p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts