Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting some for dd for Christmas, and I'm wondering 1) if she'll enjoy them now, or if they'd be a better gift next year when she's 4yo and 2) is the 15 piece set enough for her to really have fun with, or does it makemore sense to get the larger set? (I think I've found some deals though where the 15 piece is half the cost of the 30 piece, so I guess we could always add on later if it's a huge hit) What's your experience with these?

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
We
wedgits. I think we first got them when DD was 2, adding a few more sets to our initial one. Both kids still play with them, though the play has evolved. More pieces are definitely better, especially for kids too young to make wedges yet.

You might also want to look at Zoobs for a toy with a similar "spirit."

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
dd got the `wedgits to go`set from Grandma for her 3rd birthday---she loves them...both to build with and also to do fantasy play with. (the little white cubes are kids she builds playgrounds for). so I say go for it!

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
I have seen kids as young as one have fun with Wedgits. They might not be "doing it right" but they are having a blast.

I, personally, love them, so we have the ultimate (?
) set and two baseplates.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Another vote for them-E got some for xmas last year (when she was 2.5) and they've been played with consistently. They're open ended enough that you can do really simple as well as quite complex structures. A hit for everyone that plays with them (us included!)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I bought some for my nephews when they were a bit smaller, wee wedgits for one and wedgits for the older. They have an older brother (7years between ds1 and ds2) and my boys who are a bit older as well also played with them. I would go for the 30 piece set, personally. It is more fun when you can do more with them.

We went with zoobs for my ds's this year and some magnetic mightyminds for my 4.5 y/o dd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.