sunshinegal 10/25
truebluexf 10/27
Soogie 10/27
ameliabedelia 10/29 GIRL! Greta Marie
flitters 10/30
BeauGeek 10/30
AnnR33 10/31
guinnessinu 10/31 TWINS! BOY! and BOY!

Hey everyone! Hope you ladies all had a nice weekend. I was up early with DD both days, but then got to have a nap with her which was sooooo nice! I also went for a long walk with her to the park, and the exercise felt good.

Question of the Week: Well, this is going to sound silly but...what kind of maternity undies do you prefer? I do have a reason for asking, lol.

I know one of the owners of LunaPads from my old LLL group. She recently sent me a sample (a second) of lunapanties, undies with a built-in pantiliner. They promote them for pregnant women (among others) to deal with PG discharge. But they don't make a maternity brief style. They just have regular brief, bikini, and thong. The bikini is promoted for the PG mama.

During pregnancy, I prefer brief style. I cannot stand having a band of clothing cutting across my belly, and the bikini style also happens to be right where my CS scar is (although I don't think that's the main factor, as I didn't like that style even before DD was born). The lunapanties brief style is not maternity, so it would cut right across my middle: not comfy. But the bikini style is not going well for me either.

Anyways, she asked for feedback and I'm going to suggest that they make a maternity brief style (ie. full belly and butt coverage), since not all PG women like bikini style. I figured I'd do an informal poll of you ladies, to see if I'm not alone in this.

Am I the only one who can't stand having fabric cutting anywhere across my pregnant belly? Am I the only one who likes the full, grandma-style coverage of a maternity brief?

·
Registered
289 Posts
QOTW: I don't like things cutting across my belly either, but my regular panties (pretty much a standard bikini style) have been working fine so far (and worked for me through my entire preg. w/ DS). I just wear them under my belly. I would really not enjoy having panties to pull up *over* my belly. A lot of my maternity pants have the low, under the belly band (which I am just loving by the way, didn't make these when I was preg. w/ DS either!) ... and obviously over the belly panties would be kind of goofy w/ under the belly pants

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
QOTW-
Piglet, I like briefs, too. I wear these microfiber ones that have a lot of stretch, but bounce back into shape when off. They give really light belly support, and I am in love with them. They aren't maternity ones, though. I just bought them at the department store in a size XL. They go up to right around my navel. I don't know how, but they never fall down. Ahhhhh, comfy. I think they are called "Barely There" or something.

ETA: in my last pregnancy, I gave up in the last month or so and went commando. I was sick of my underwear not fitting me right. It was pretty liberating.

Well, I am off to my first-ever chiropractic appointment. I'm kinda nervous. But I have been waking up SO sore lately, and getting more sore throughout the day. I need to go. Plus, I have been in several bad accidents (one where I went through the windshield) and I am sure my back is all messed up. My MW speculates that this could be part of the reason dd never engaged in my pelvis....my spine was too misaligned to allow her entry into the pelvic inlet. We'll see.
I'm excited to go.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I had a nice weekend. Took the boys to a parade on Saturday. IT was the rodeo parade and ds#1 LOVES horses. Then yesterday relaxed the day with dh and went to the drive-in movie theater last night. We saw Shrek 2--pretty good, and Envy--really stupid.

QOTW: Well I have never used or bought maternity underwear. I just continued using my reg. underwear, cotton bikinis, and then replaced the ones that got stretched out during pg with new ones after I had the baby. I am not into the grandma style and can't stand anything cutting into my belly as well. I have low rise cotton bikinis which come up to just under my belly, very comfy

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hello Mama's!

QOTW: I prefer stuff that goes under the belly. I have some super low cut maternity underpants from old navy. It covers just the up to the pubic line. There very comfy! Super low riders. I don't like having my belly covered up. I prefer the maternity clothes that go under belly as well.

Well, I have had to totally revise my workouts recently. They have just been exhausting me! I now do 20 minute arms with weights Mon. and Wed. and hips buns and thighs Tue. and Thurs. I'm going to try to still do Taebo on Fridays, but we'll see. All that, and my 3 yo boy should be plenty! Anyone else recently have to do some switching around?

Checked out a couple of houses this weekend. Fell in love with one! Hoping everything comes together OK!! If it's meant to be, it will, The Universe Provides

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Had a fabulous weekend. Even though I didn't get my big chance to go off on my own I still had a very relaxing weekend. Dh felt so bad for me that I didn't get to Massachussets that he's pretty much tbeen taking Alias on outings all day. So I've been enjoying some very relaxing and quiet days and still getting the family time in the evenings. Dh keeps telling me how well rested I look! I've two more days of this luxury (Dh goes back to work on Wednesday) and then it's back to normal. Although I have my MIL and GMIL comming in a week and a half for a ten day visit so it'll only be routine round here for only a short while.

I am having so much trouble sleeping. Fortunately it's not the dreaded insomnia but I just can not get comfortable! And like Katie, I am so sore and achey in the mornings. That, combined with very sureal dreams, has made for many a night of tossing and turning. I really have to get a massage. It may help.

QOTW: I'm in the bikini camp too. When pregnant with Alias I wore my cotton bikinis the whole time and never felt uncomfortable. And so I'm doing the same this time around. I do have to buy a bigger size when pregnant though as my ever widening pregnancy bum won't fit into my regular undies after 4 months. I'm intrigued by the lunapad underwear. They sound like a really good idea. I'll have to check them out.

momadance - Good luck in the house hunting.
: It sounds very exciting.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey everyone! Bikinis here as well, cause to me they don't cut across the belly. I can't even stand maternity clothes that come up over my belly, I don't want anything touching it.

We had a pretty good weekend. It was really hot here in Portland, so we drove to the beach where it was a lot cooler, but still sunny. Logan had a blast digging in the sand w/ his new shovel and pale. It was so nice to just lay on a blanket under an umbrella and listen to the waves. We also made a bonfire saturday night which Logan was thrilled about as well. It was so cool. We were exhausted after it was all over and slept good last night.

Last week I didn't post cause I was feeling like crap and Logan was having major sleep issues, which he seems to be over for now. I knew if I posted it would be all complaints. I'm really scared I'm gaining too much weight, and I hate that I'm worried about it. I have to really watch what I eat. I've been craving sweets and carbs and just giving in, cause I'm pregnant.

And Amy - just wanted to say you've been in my thoughts as well, and I really hope your MIL steps up to help more.

talk to yall later,
Courtney

·
Registered
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
23 weeks

I miscounted and kept posting 21 weeks last week, but I was 22, lol. I can't believe in just two more weeks my little boy will be "viable". Seems like a big milestone.

Well, you guys have all succeeded in making me feel like a prudish old lady, lol. I just can't handle the bikinis...guess I'm the odd one out, lol!

But, it don't matter b/c I scored a "rainbow six pack" of light mama pads from Hidden Pearl Creations at their recent stocking. Should have them in a week or two, I hope. It's definitely time for "regular protection". 'Nuff said.

A chiropracter sounds heavenly. I'm so stiff these days. For some reason, the last 2 days DD has been having nursing marathons in the morning. Usually she wakes, nurses for a few minutes, then gets out of bed. Now she wants to nurse for ever. I did manage to get comfy enough (by switching sides of the bed with her) to nurse her an extra hour this morning, so I got to sleep in with her until 8 am (she's usually up around 6:30). So it seems I'm trading longer sleep for increased stiffness. Sigh!

Funny story: I met a lady at the playground yesterday with a 3 yr old DD and 10 month old DS. Spacing same as mine will be, etc. She said her tip was "get a double stroller now". She said she waited and regretted it. I asked her what she was planning on doing before she got the double (thinking she was going to mention slinging) and she says she thought her DD woudl just walk, or they'd push two... oh my. I'm sort of kicking myself for not mentioning it to her, but I plan on slinging baby and pushing DD in one stroller. I slung her for 8 months, so I don't see why I can't do it with this guy. This lady kept having to put her son in the stroller and wheeling it all over the playground to attend to her DD. I hope to set a good example by slinging DS and being able to play with DD at the same time!

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Good news.
Well sorta LOL. I have a UTI. Quite a nasty one, in fact!! I had no symptoms....no pain, no blood, no fever. The most I've noticed is today and last night I had a little more urgency to pee but that's it, and I figured that could be from drinking lots of water. But it's some rare bacteria strain, one of the reasons I think the results took so long! But I'll be on antibiotics this evening.
We finally know the cause of my labor!!!

Even MORE good news. I haven't dilated any more, nor effaced any more, and the baby moved back up.
So I am quite relieved. It's funny, I woke up this morning and actually FELT different...like things inside had gone more back to normal. I am SO happy. That Cranactin must really work for helping ward off infection, at the very least it slowed my nasty one down. I'm still on bedrest for now. MW said to stay fairly strict for another week or two, and as time goes on go ahead and keep trying more things. Still no sex, exercise, etc. for a good while, she said to wait til at least 28 weeks (I think I'll wait til more like 32 if I can stand it for safety sake). But at least even now she said if I want to run to the store or go out to eat, it's ok...but don't do the all the grocery shopping. And I measured right on schedule, baby's heartbeat was great, etc.

As far as MIL, who knows. She acts like nothing happened.
Ah well. I'm not one to just be mean or something, but it changes some things, you know?

QOTW: I bought some over the belly undies last pg bc the pants that went over my belly from Motherhood had cheap seams that irritated me. I didn't like them and didn't wear them for long. In the end I stuck with my regular VS bikinis and some bravado bikinis. I don't like things on my belly when I'm pg, and I remember pulling my over the belly pants down often. Plus, now that I am in FL, the idea of extra layers anywhere is assinine!! I'm wearing Motherhood bikinis now, a little bigger than my normal size, and wow they are the most comfy ones I've ever worn and dirt cheap!!! (4 for $13) But everyone has their own preferences.

Katie, hope the chiro visit does you well, I can't wait to go again. Just so you know, you might end up feeling a bit icky tonight...after my first visit, I felt a little weird and icky that night, but only the first time.
But man my back felt great, I actually felt taller!! (and might have been since my pelvis was crooked LOL)

mirthfulmom - glad you have been able to have a mini-vacation after all.

Courtney - glad things are a little better at home!!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
642 Posts
QOTW- Bikinis for me too, I'm with Stanleymama...with Dd I wore my regular underwear the whole time, and bought an extremely cheap bikinis in a bigger size (as in a dollar a pair) near the end, those are the ones I am liking best right now since they are so thin and it's so hot. I just couldn't justify $12 a pair maternity underwear, which is all I could find. This time I do have one pair of Bravado maternity bikini that I got for 1/2 price but honestly they are nice and all (and match my Bravado nursing bra, in the black w/leapord print
: ) but they aren't that different from my regular ones...maybe I'll appriciate them more later.

Lucysmama- hope that you enjoy your chiropractor visit...I'm sure that you'll notice a huge difference in how you feel a couple of days from now.

Momadance-hope the house that you fell in love with is meant to be yours!! I totally believe you will get it if it is meant to be...I'd always liked our house (from the outside, I'd never been in it) and one day when we were driving by I thought to myself, I wish that house would be for sale and low and behold a week later saw a sign out front. We came and saw it and it couldn't have been more perfect for us.

Amy- Sorry about your MIL...I know I can't totally relate to your situation but I do know the feeling of being second rate, my MIL found a new man and a new family it seems and that she's too busy for us. She was my doula for Ember's birth and has no interest it seems this time...I know this is nothing considering what you are going through, I just mean to tell you it is OK to feel snubbed and to want to punish her by making her wait to see the baby.

Piglet- I wanted to tell you that you can go ahead and add Kai as Oakley's mn...I am pretty sure that's gonna stick, I've been telling people that and DH hasn't protested (not that he would because he came up with it :LOL) so I guess that means that he's certain.

·
Registered
320 Posts
LOL, I can't remember if I'm at 25 or 26 weeks, talk about preggo brain. I'll have to check the calendar.

Amy - I've been thinking about you to and I'm glad to hear that you've been taking it easy and that you are feeling better.

QOTW - I also hate having fabric across my belly. I wear my regular bikini and brief undies without a problem. I'm also loving this new style mat pants. They certainly didn't have them 8 years ago when I was pregnant with my son!

I have my own question of the week. How's your libido these days? I ask because mine is suddenly through the roof. I was so not interested in sex these last few months, too tired and too sick, and now here I am almost at my third trimester and I'm all over dh, lol! He's not complaining though, lol! I've been feeling good and energetic in general too. I don't remember feeling this way with my other pregnancies either. I remember being so focused on impending motherhood that sex was low on my list of things I wanted to do. It's very different this time. I was also sicker with this pregnancy than my others too. It's funny how different each pregnancy can be.

Kathy

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wow, there were two new posts in the time that I wrote mine so now I have more to say :LOL

Amy
I am so relieved that you have some answers (not that you have a UTI though, he he). It's great to know that there was a cause and is now a treatment, and it's great that your body is already feeling better!
Crazy how you can have no symptoms like that, and good for us all to know and be aware of!

Piglet, I noticed that about your weeks...made me really
because we are only a few days apart (and mentally I think of the 18th as my dd because of my earlier u/s but officially the midwife is still using the 21st) but I didn't want to point it out.

Courtney- I am glad to hear that you had a nice weekend and things are better, but feel free to vent away when you need to too, we won't hold it against you....promise

Kathy- I've wondered if my sex drive this time has to do with me having a boy, :LOL, you know...extra testosterone making me want it as often as a man!
: I think that the fact that I am, er, much easier to please has something to do with me wanting it more often...not sure if this will last so I might as well take advantage of it
Unfortunately DH doesn't seem to want it more than usual.
: Last time I did go through periods of want it, but there were also dry spells, unlike this time so far at least.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I forgot to post my weeks too ... I think I'm 24? *lol* apparently the preggo brain is contagious!

Amy, I am *so* glad that things are going better. Hope the UTI heals up quickly and that the next few weeks are wonderfully uneventful for you

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Hooray Amy! It's too bad about the UTI but what a relief to know what was going on. Hope the infection heals up fast! And I'm thrilled to hear that the baby seems to be doing just great. As for you MIL, I think you have the right attitude. There are some people in our lives that we have to just accept and work around. They're not going to change so why even bother wasting precious time being angry. Easier said than done I know,
I constantly struggle with this around my relationship with my mom.

Courtney - Hey vent away! That's what we here for. Hope this week goes better for you

Sex drive, eh? You know I went thru about 2 months of just being reved up all the time. But the last week, I feel like I just can't be bothered. One factor is that I'm getting so big that I feel uncomfortable and self-conscious. Another is that Harrison is practically always moving, and nothing kills the mood like having the baby kicking at Dh during our more, ahem, romantic moments. And lastly, while Dh insists that he dosen't think I'm unattractive, he just isn't turned on by a pregnant belly (we had this problem with the last pregnancy too). So to get Dh excited enough to actually move things into the bedroom takes way more effort than I'm willing to put in right now. My guess is that there won't be much to speak of in the sex deptartment for quite awhile. Boy I hope this dosen't come off as too bitter.

·
Registered
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm so thrilled to hear your good news, Amy!!!

Yah, the sex drive thing during the third trimester really threw my DH for a loop. He would lose the mood when baby started moving, lol. But this time around he said he wouldn't be so foolish as to pass it up when he knows there will be at least six months of "don't come near me" after baby is born, lol.

EmbersMom: your comment about the matching bravado bra and panties with that hilarious smilie made me laugh out loud!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Mamas,
I'm w/ Courtney about this last week being really tough. I've had a lot going on, but I felt like I would be so whiney, I just couldn't bring myself to write it all down.
We've been in the midst of a family crisis...they found 7 suspected brain tumors in my g-pa. This past week has been a flurry of frantic phone calls, plane flights, stress and worry. Turns out they are not tumors, but some sort of rare fungal infection. Sounds pretty gross to me, but sure beats brain cancer! Hannah has renewed her interest in nursing, esp all through the night. That, on top of being so worried and now finding it hard to get comfy in bed, has led to lousy nights around here. My dreams are so intense and vivid, when I do get to sleep, I wake up feeling emotionally wrung out.
I feel so huge all of a sudden, off balance, and really achey and sore. Saw the chiro today, which really helped. Lucysmama, hope it helps you, too. My first few appts, I felt terrific initially....then a headache set in. My chiro said this wasn't unusual, just so you know.
QOTW: I don't like anything cutting across my belly...so it's either tiny bikinis (which aren't fitting so great anymore) or big ol' granny undies. Last preg., I wore my usual guys until they were ready to pop and then moved into the big granny ones. Then, like Lucysmama, just went w/o any once it all just got too irritating.

Piglet, funny you mention the double stroller story. Everyone IRL keeps bringing them up with me, '"what kind are you getting?", "why don't you want one?", "how will you live w/o one?". I don't want to lug a huge thing like that around w/ me, besides the fact that I doubt I will ever use it much. We rarely use(d) one w/ Hannah. I keep wanting to suggest to my worried and concerned friends/family that if they want to make my life easier, they could help me buy a king sized bed.

Amy, so glad to hear you and the wee one are feeling better! What a relief.
Too bad your MIL is such a putz. Phooey on her!
Well Hannah, my napping lap mate for the past hour, is waking...so my 'puter time must end. Hoping everyone gets some good, restful sleep soon!

·
Registered
825 Posts
sex?
I seem to remember participating in something like that about a month and a half ago
: I have NO sex drive.. While Pg with DS I was the complete opposite. Now I never want it! Good thing Dh is super busy with work, school and fitting in time with Ds, or else he might even notice~!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Sex....? I'm with momadance. I vaguely remember doing something that involved dh and I nekkid, but it was a looooooooooooong time ago. I just have NO libido. I am actually a little skeeved out by the idea of it right now. That's how NOT into it I am. Dh is cool, but I know he wishes I was more into it. Last time, we did it like rabbits starting at 38 weeks trying to soften my cervix with the prostaglandins. So I guess we can count on that again, at least.

·
Registered
314 Posts
New here and thought I would just chime in.

I am actually wearing thongs

I only started wearing them like a month before I got pregnant. I like it because there is no panty-line and some of the maternity pants I have pull pretty tight on the butt.

I would love to have a pair of those lunapanties, but I thought they were kinda pricey and well I have no money.

I also just wear any underwear I had that were a bit stretched out before getting pregnant.

·
Registered
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello, Mom2lily!

to our little group of mamas (where neither the group, nor the mamas are all that little anymore! :LOL)

Well, I'm going to be thinking of all you ladies when I pull on my granny-panties underwear each morning (they go almost up to my bra!)....
:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.