Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's everyone feeling this week? I think m/s has definitely made it's appearance for me and it's no longer nausea. I have had a few days where I felt mostly fine and I get nervous about that
and then I wind up sick in the bathroom. My breasts are super sore now too. Last week my left one was a bit tender but this week they both are. I think that is because I was a uni-boober meaning my last 2 only liked my left breast. Anyone else experience that?

This week is Thanksgiving for our American mama's. What's everybody (who is celebrating) doing this Thanksgiving? I am making dinner for everyone here at my house. I don't know how I am going to get everything cleaned here and sorta regret inviting everybody now because I totally didn't know I was going to be this tired all the time. I am going to put my dc to work on Wednesday so we can scramble around like crazy trying to get the house in order.

I hope everything is going well with everyone. If my brain was more awake right now I would come up with a game or something else but it's not happening.. anyone else is more than welcome to add here.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Hi can I be added or participate with you? I just got my BFP on friday. This is pregnancy # 6, and kinda hoping that it's baby 4 and 5. So tired, and hungry, bb's not too bad, m/s not at all, I hope it stays far far away....GL to you!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't stress too much, nic, it'll all come together somehow on Thanksgiving... have fun!

Welcome and Congratulations, TenK!

I'm feeling great. I get bouts of tiredness and my breasts are definately fuller -barely any of my bras fit and half the time I'm just free-wheeling, haha. I'm hoping that if I can make it to Saturday (8 weeks) without getting morning sickness then I'll be in the clear. I feel sorry for the gals constantly at the toilet!

My DH and I are going to the inlaws for Thanksgiving. Lots of family is expected to this event and I'm looking forward to seeing my six month old neice. We're going to NYC this weekend too and will see Les Miserables for the second time; if you ever get a chance to see the production I really reccommend it, it's amazing.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
My boobs are by far my worst symptom. The thing is my boobs always start hurting the day after ovulation and by the time I am about 4-5 days before AF I have to wear a bra 24/7. Well they've gotten at least 10 times that bad. I cry when I have to take my bra off to shower...that's how horrible the pain is. My nipples aren't all sensitive like they were with Jake though.

Basically no m/s yet but I'll only be 5 weeks on Wednesday. I'm hoping I can hold out until after Thanksgiving. My in-laws are flying out here like they usually do which I am looking forward to. They'll actually get here tomorrow. I make a big Thanksgiving dinner which I love to do. So far the tiredness hasn't set in either, knock on wood.

Oh and we're telling everyone on Thanksgiving so I'm really excited about that. I had a dream last night though that I kept trying to tell my mom but she refused to listen what I was saying and I was getting so frustrated and mad. I'm not sure why I would have a dream like that because I know she is going to be soooo excited and has been begging for another grandbaby since the first was born lol.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I also noticed that my bra is feeling much more snug...and it keeps ridding up?!?! It's weird, I don't think they look fuller. Ok, did anyone take clomid? If so, how many mg's and what days? I took it CD 1-5 @ 100mg, and I'm sooo hoping it's twins...crazy huh. I know clomid only increases your chances of twins by like 10% BUT I O'd on my own already, which means I probably release more than one egg, damn I hope we caught them both...hehe

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I think I've got official morning sickness now... with DS all I had was generalized nausea that would go away if I ate. But both yesterday and today, I've gagged multiple times and come very close to throwing up. I'm 6 weeks as of yesterday and that seems to be the magic number for this pregnancy. Are second pregnancies usually worse symptom-wise than first ones??? Because, yikes! I was not expecting it to be worse! I've also been feeling dizzy and my milk is drying up and I'm very sore when DS tries to nurse. Blech. Yet, I'm still so happy to feel all these clear symptoms!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
tatermom~ My first pregnancy was the worst. I was almost bedridden with nausea. I threw up multiple times a day and I was so exhausted. My next 3 pregnancies I just had general nausea and food aversions....and only threw up 2-3 times total. I'm sure its different for everyone....every pregnancy is different.

Tenk~Welcome!

I'm starting to feel the morning sickness now. I just went grocery shopping and I wanted to hurl on every isle. Thank goodness I had a shopping list or I wouldn't have bought a thing. The kids had some wierd habit of suggesting the grossest food they could think of....like SPAM....WTH? I even explained to them that it was grossing me out, but I think that made the game more fun to them

For Thanksgiving we are spending the day with family at a huge potluck dinner. TG! These plans were made in September before I had any clue that I would be pregnant. I am so happy that I am not hosting dinner for the family. I will be wipping up a side-dish and having a relaxing day not worrying about slaving over the stove or being grossed out by a big raw turkey.
....good luck to all of you brave enough to pull that one off.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Glad you're here Tenk.

tatermom- my first pg was the worst puke-wise too, depends on the kiddo I think.

M/s is in full effect here and the only boob issues are from Mr. Boobalicious thinking they are a buffet
and last night when he was drifting off he clamped down hard with all 8 teeth OUCH, it's still aching. Heartburn has shown it's ugly self in the last couple of days too - yuck

Dh and I will cook (well mostly me) Thanksgiving, luckily MIL and GMIL and her caregiver will be with other relatives this year
as will my Dad's GF. So it will be us, my bro and gf, gram, and maybe my other bro, SIL (
: ) and 2 dns (2 and 4 mo), stuffed into our small temporary house. TDay was our original target move-in date for the new house, oh how I wish we were back there. Our beautiful new appliances are all in boxes in our barn
well, next year for sure. It'll still be nice to hang out with everyone and pig out on good food!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome TenK! Congratulations!! I didn't use clomid so I have no answers for you there.

My first pregnancy was the worst too. I got sick at the drop of a hat and was constantly trying to find something to catch it. It struck suddenly and at any time of day. The last 2 pregnancies weren't so bad. TBH I think I just have more restraint over my stomach now because it's like I just can't throw up even if I want to. (I have a couple times so far but nowhere near what I went through with my first).

We are not doing turkey for TG. My papa is allergic and dh isn't particularly fond so we usually do ham which my grandmother is baking before they come. YAY! So really I am just preparing the rest let's hope I can muster up the energy to do all of that.
Really it's my house I am worried about we have family coming that have never been here before and you know you have to do the tour.. the sewing room (which will eventually be the baby's room) is all tore up from me trying to organise things.
: Is there an end in sight??

I sympathise with the mama's with sore breasts. I have been walking around bra-less myself lately because it's far more comfortable. When I have to wear a bra I have to give myself a pep talk before putting it on and taking it off.

I went to the dentist today and need some work done on my teeth that has needed to be done for a couple of years now.. we are putting it off of course, I am just hoping nothing flares up while I am pregnant. My mouth actually looks pretty good and the problem spots haven't gotten any worse so hopefully things will go ok until I can arrange time and money to get back in there.

Welcome and Congrats to all the new mama's you have joined our DDC this month.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hello ladies! As far as m/s, I don't actually get sick, I just feel like I am going to all the time.

Welcome Tenk~ I am secretly hoping for twins also, but think it's just one. I would love to have two though!

I better go. We are having bil and sil over for dinner for her bday. We're having fondue!! Yummy!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi TenK- Congratulations!

I'm feeling quite well so far. I'm very tired, but also experiencing some insomnia at night, which is very unusual for me. I'm going to the bathroom lots and am getting over a cough so every time I cough I pee my pants. Already! I. must. remember. to. keegal...

Another woman I work with is 11 weeks and I keep seeing her running down the hall retching into her hands...poor thing. I'm really hoping that I won't be barfy this time around. So far so good!

I feel much more at peace with this pregnancy then my first one.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newmom22 View Post
Another woman I work with is 11 weeks and I keep seeing her running down the hall retching into her hands...poor thing. I'm really hoping that I won't be barfy this time around. So far so good!

Aw! Someone really should get her a small bucket or trash can.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just hit 7 weeks yesterday and I'm feeling very nauseous all day long. The fresh pineapple suggestion from a previous post is working really well but I seriously have to eat a piece every half an hour and my mouth is starting to get sore! I was getting way too cocky with my last pregnancy I think - I had zero morning sickness, looked and felt great and was like,"What's all the fuss about?" Now I'm a nauseous insomiac, having gained 4 pounds already and I look really worn out. Ah well...must be a girl this time. I'm looking forward to going to my husband's family for Thanksgiving - we only have to make cookies thank goodness. Happy holidays everyone!
By the way how do all of you guys get that signature line at the bottom of your replies?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ashersmum, for the signature stuff, go to the lower tan bar at the top of the page, and click UserCP. On the screen that comes up, on the left, there's a control panel bar--click Edit Signature. You can make yours in the area that pops up. I beleive the restriction is that it can't be longer than 2 lines.

Things are well here. I've had no more spotting in the last two weeks, and as far as I can tell, things are okay. I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat in a few weeks. I felt worse today than I have so far--very wiped out and off-an-on light nausea. the kind of ligh nausea that is best controlled by eating lots of food. I think I'm going to be more than a few pounds up in this first trimester.

We'll be goint to my in-laws house for Thanksgiving and should have a nice time. I think MIL is going to want us to make a big "announcement" to everyone. I hate that! I don't like to be the center of attention--especially in DH's slightly strange family.

Does anyone else NOT have any breast soreness or changes? With my first pregnancy, my breasts got huge and majorly sore. PG #2, they got bigger than normal, but not near as large as the first time, and only slightly sore. This time, they have so far not gotten any bigger, and don't hurt at all--even when DS latches on. Anyone?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleet76 View Post
Does anyone else NOT have any breast soreness or changes? With my first pregnancy, my breasts got huge and majorly sore. PG #2, they got bigger than normal, but not near as large as the first time, and only slightly sore. This time, they have so far not gotten any bigger, and don't hurt at all--even when DS latches on. Anyone?
This was me exactly with my first three. Preg#1 crazy sore and growth, preg#2 bigger but not that much and not really sore, preg#3 didn't really notice much of a difference. My guess is because those pregnancies were all relatively close together.. there's almost 6 yrs between this one and my last it's like starting all over again.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nic, good to know about your breast experience. The joy of the internet, huh? I can write a sentence like that first one, and here, is is normal! I imagine that my experience is as it is because the pregnancies are so close together, too. Why do I think up every opportunity to imagine that there's something wrong? Geez, my breasts aren't sore--I should be happy, not worried! I think pregnancy warps my usually laid-back brain a bit.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleet76 View Post
Nic, good to know about your breast experience. The joy of the internet, huh? I can write a sentence like that first one, and here, is is normal! I imagine that my experience is as it is because the pregnancies are so close together, too. Why do I think up every opportunity to imagine that there's something wrong? Geez, my breasts aren't sore--I should be happy, not worried! I think pregnancy warps my usually laid-back brain a bit.
I totally know what you mean Stacy! I was getting a little concerned I wasn't nauseous the other day and made like the absolute BEST guacamole was totally digging it.. seriously it was awesome! I get half way through the bowl (oh yeah I'm pigging out on it hehe) and all of a sudden I start gagging.. like WTF I like this it tastes sooooo good why am I gagging?! I actually had to run to the bathroom all that nummy guacamole I had just consumed WASTED.
. The lesson here is don't worry about the symps you aren't having because they might just come up and bite you in the ass.

Oh.. and I'll share my sore boobies with ya if ya like.

·
Registered
768 Posts
hey everyone

I'm not queasy, and haven't puked but I feel like [email protected] all the time. My energy is so low it's the opposite of energy, like I just feel weak and shaky. Then I think I must need food so I try to eat something really good, and it just makes me feel worse. I really hope this passes soon!

My boobs are still pretty sensitive too and my 17 month old wants them more than ever, so that's been a real challenge and I've had to say no a few times, I tell him they need a break (after a 20 minute plus nursing session) and he wails like I have just ruined his whole day. Luckily he gets over it quick especially if I offer to make him breakfast or something.

My birthday is on Thanksgiving this year
so at least I get the day off from work, but we're driving up north to DH's grandma's house for the big feast, so no rest for the wicked. I'll bring some sides and desserts but not too much work since I have to work the night before. It will be nice to be able to celebrate with the family though...

I wish we could tell everyone then but I don't know if I'm ready, I'm in the "wait until past the first trimester" group and I'll still be shy of nine weeks by Thursday, the thing is, with the first one we told everyone on xmas morning and I don't think I want to repeat that scenario just because we've already "done that" so I don't know when or how I'm gonna tell them. I wish my lil guy was talking more, I could just get him to "accidentally" spill the beans!

I'm also really happy that the whole thing with the ads here seems like it's getting better already, I was so worried that I was going to have to start looking for a different message board to use and I really like it here, so here's three cheers for Mothering.com trying to get rid of offensive and inappropriate ads asap! woot!

-P

·
Registered
113 Posts
My boobs aren't really that sore either. They are a little bit fuller, at least according to dh, and they hurt if touched or jumped on by a kid or something. But, just hanging around, they don't bother me too much. I am; however, exhausted. I seriously take post wake-up naps, or a pre-bedtime nap. It's terrible. And, I'm very naseous. Although, I rarely actaully throw up...I just sort of gag and dry heave....which is a lot of fun!

We travel 7 hours for Thanksgiving to my ILs. We would usually leave on Wed., but my dd is in "A Christmas Carol" and has dress rehearsal Wed. night. SO, we'll leave like 5am on Thursday. I think I'll need a couple of naps!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.