Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the near future, my husband and I will be traveling to Minneapolis to take a look at the city and consider relocating there. What do you suggest someone considering moving to Minneapolis should see and do? Any favorite restaurants?

Much of the time will be spent looking at housing, we're primarily considering Southwest Minneapolis, Calhoun Isles/Uptown areas. But also looking at Excelsior, Edina, St. Louis Park, Plymouth, Wayzata and Golden Valley. So activities in those areas would be great.

We'll be there Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon if that matters.

·
Registered
474 Posts
1. Cosmos in downtown MPLS is a great fancy $$$ restaurant.
2. Wagner's Drive In in St Louis Park on Hwy 7 has great burgers, fries, and shakes.
3. Mellow Glaze (Mpls) great donuts!
4. Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Institute of Art
5. Excelsior is a charming little town -great to walk around, get ice cream, and sit by the lake. Also has a cheap movie theater that shows indy movies.
6. Minneapolis has their Farmer's market on Saturday Mornings.
7. Smitten Kitten (uptown) is a female owned/female centered/ extremely tasteful sex-toy store

8. France 44 in Edina is a great wine and cheese store.
9. Hot Mama in Edina is a store that focuses on mothers (pregnant, baby, or older children.)
. . . just a few thoughts - HAVE FUN!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Oh, Minneapolis has to be my favorite place to visit!!! Been about two years since I've been able to visit for any length of time. I've never had much time to explore the areas you mentioned, I've kinda had to stick to the main areas due to time constraints.

As for what to do, it depends on the time of year and your interests. There is, of course, the main tourist traps, such as the Mall of America, the Minnesota Zoo (which is actually very cool), the Minnesota Science Museum (great for kids), and the Minnesota Children's Museum in St. Paul. There is also Como Park in St. Paul, which has a free zoo and a flower conservatory.

If you are into sports at all, there is the Minnesota Twins baseball team as well as the Minnesota Vikings (since football season starts soon). For something different, the Minnesota Rennaissance Festival is also opening soon. It has different themes every weekend. Their website is http://renaissancefest.com/MRF/index.html.

As for restaurants, Chevy's is a fun Mexican place that has flan that is to die for. I believe there are a couple locations in the cities. I would check out http://twincities.citysearch.com/ to read reviews of different places to eat and things to do.

Have fun on your trip!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.