Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoops! Forgot to start the new weekly chat thread yesterday. :eek: If Sunday rolls around and someone wants to chat and a new thread isn't up, feel free to start one. :)

Holy frijoles we're getting close to Christmas! On Friday I took the kids to the local greenhouse and got Christmas pictures done, then a quick stop to the mall for pictures with Santa - which are getting kind of ridiculous because the kids are getting so big that they don't all fit anymore. Dd1 said that this was probably the last year she'd do it. :(

I spent a couple of hours yesterday creating out holiday cards with various pictures from the last year and got them ordered - ready for pick up today at noon!

We went to the tree farm and chose our tree on Saturday and DS (8) sawed it down all by himself; he was so proud. :D I got it set up and then left for that holiday open house that I was so excited to go to because of the food and then couldn't eat anything.
Yesterday I got the lights on the tree and the kids decorated it.

Now I just need to get the shopping/wrapping finished.

My 5 year old niece wants an Easy Bake Oven and I think they're crappy and she's be disappointed with how long she'd have to wait for it to warm up, bake, and then find a miniscule little treat made with crappy ingredients.
So my sister has a toaster oven and I'm just going to make up tiny Ball jars of the dry ingredients and little cards attached with directions for adding the wet ingredients and baking instructions. I figure the ingredients can be cleaner, she can actually open the door to the "oven" and she could be more involved than with a toy oven. Trying to find a stainless mini 6-muffin tray that will fit but having a hard time. I've bookmarked soooo many cute little recipes designed for toaster ovens! Really excited!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You had quite the Christmasy weekend! We got most of that done last weekend.

I love the little baked goods ideas, so cute! Do you have a kitchen supply store? I bet they would have some small pans and whatnot.

I'm trying to work up the energy to be productive at least once each day this week. I want to get some cookie dough made and I need to make a cake and muffins and prep a lasagna for a family Christmas this coming weekend. I have been stayrting to have spurts of energy here and there, so I just need to take advantage of that.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a mini-road trip today and scored a 2 year old Mountain Buggy Terrain for $75!! It's pristine and I'm so thrilled!
I keep buying Baby Trend joggers on Craigslist and they keep breaking (and they're LOADED with nasty flame retardants) so I've been searching for a MB for a few months. Now that I'll likely have another 6 years with a child in it, it seems more justifiable. My mom asked if I really thought my 4 year old would need a stroller for much longer. :bag I think she's suspicious... Honestly, he rarely uses a stroller anymore but we go on 6-12 mile trail walks and 5 hour trips to Longwood Gardens and that's a long walk for him. Plus, it's like my donkey; I carry all of our water bottles, snacks, camera, etc. in my stroller. :)

You had quite the Christmasy weekend! We got most of that done last weekend.

I love the little baked goods ideas, so cute! Do you have a kitchen supply store? I bet they would have some small pans and whatnot.

I'm trying to work up the energy to be productive at least once each day this week. I want to get some cookie dough made and I need to make a cake and muffins and prep a lasagna for a family Christmas this coming weekend. I have been stayrting to have spurts of energy here and there, so I just need to take advantage of that.
Kitchen supply is a good idea! I think we have one pretty close by.

We're having lasagna for Christmas dinner! I've been craving it for weeks and am totally turned off by ham right now so I threw it out there and everyone said "Yes!"

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am happy to report in the weekly thread that I am FINALLY starting to feel better. I don't think I am out of the woods yet, only 11 weeks, but I felt so terrible between 6 and 10 weeks that this seems like a walk in the park, even though many symptoms are still there. But overall, wow, like day and night! I am able to eat most things at most times of the day, incredible!

I'm all set with Christmas presents, most are wrapped up and ready to go. DS's 4th birthday is this week and I am looking forward to giving him the doll I made and the Ergo doll carrier my parents got him. He'll be thrilled!

I am starting to show seriously now. I still have quite a bit of weight from #1 , so I have looked like I am in my first tri for the last 4 years, however now I really am beamy. I can't wait to be out in the open with this pregnancy and then be comfortable showing that belly off rather than trying to hide it. I have 3 more days of work before the holiday time off and I feel like once I get through this, when I come back in January I would be more comfortable letting the cat out of the bag.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am happy to report in the weekly thread that I am FINALLY starting to feel better. I don't think I am out of the woods yet, only 11 weeks, but I felt so terrible between 6 and 10 weeks that this seems like a walk in the park, even though many symptoms are still there. But overall, wow, like day and night! I am able to eat most things at most times of the day, incredible!

I'm all set with Christmas presents, most are wrapped up and ready to go. DS's 4th birthday is this week and I am looking forward to giving him the doll I made and the Ergo doll carrier my parents got him. He'll be thrilled!

I am starting to show seriously now. I still have quite a bit of weight from #1 , so I have looked like I am in my first tri for the last 4 years, however now I really am beamy. I can't wait to be out in the open with this pregnancy and then be comfortable showing that belly off rather than trying to hide it. I have 3 more days of work before the holiday time off and I feel like once I get through this, when I come back in January I would be more comfortable letting the cat out of the bag.
What day is your son's birthday? My youngest turned 4 on 11/18. I feel like he's on the cusp of being a "big kid." :happytI looked at pictures just from last May and his shoulders were so much more rounded and he was overall more chubby and toddler-ish. He's really lost that softness since then and is looking more hard and muscled.

·
Registered
695 Posts
mostlysunny, that is when I got over the worst of it too. I was still sick at 10-11 weeks, but felt like I had come back from the dead anyway.

my son is 4 and just yesterday I was like, you are so old. He was helping me pick a song for his dad's ringtone on my new phone and was like, "dad likes bob Dylan, but you should pick something that makes you think of dad." and his hair is long and his pants are too short, and he is just this lanky smart sweet big boy....not my little nursling like he once was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts