Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another week has passed - whee!

I'm being lazy, lazy this weekend, but DH swears we are going to get the computer room in shape today. My only other goal today is to get our menu and grocery list for the coming week done.

· Registered
1,823 Posts
We finally moved everything from the other RV, now we need to clean it and fix a few cosmetic things so we can hurry up and sell it. Still trying to organize everything in the new one and figure out what changes we want to make (anyone ever paint over wallpaper?)
finally felt the baby moving this week, which was cool and unexpected. I feel bad, I was so Into my first pregnancy and this one is just kind of slipping by. I'm so busy with my toddler and trying to get out of FL...guess I just feel a little guilty.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hello! I'm new here, just joined yesterday. I'm pregnant with my first. I'm due on August 8. So can anyone tell me if I'm in the 16th week? I'm a little confused by the counting. It seems like different doctors count in different ways.

Part of the reason for my confusion is that I don't have a regular caregiver. My husband's job has us moving around a lot and I'm currently in the small Central African country of Burundi. I have a Burundian doctor and a Belgian nurse here and I have an American doctor in Nairobi that I communicate with constantly via email and phone. They don't always give me coordinating information. But I don't have anyone back in the U.S yet. I have to get that figured out soon, since I'm going back to the U.S. to give birth.

This week I am celebrating getting some of my energy back. I was debilitatingly tired throughout the first trimester. Over the weekend I dragged out my sewing machine and started making some new shirts to fit over my expanding tummy. I finally feel like I look pregnant rather than I had too much for lunch.

Stephanie

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am due August 4th and at 16 weeks, 5 days today (Monday) - so I would think (and I'm pretty new at all this still!) that you would be 16 weeks, 1 day.

The more experienced mamas can correct me if I'm wrong

· Registered
1,707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahlea View Post
We finally moved everything from the other RV, now we need to clean it and fix a few cosmetic things so we can hurry up and sell it. Still trying to organize everything in the new one and figure out what changes we want to make (anyone ever paint over wallpaper?)
finally felt the baby moving this week, which was cool and unexpected. I feel bad, I was so Into my first pregnancy and this one is just kind of slipping by. I'm so busy with my toddler and trying to get out of FL...guess I just feel a little guilty.
Taylah, you're right- 16w 1d-16w6d = you're in your 17th week (because 16 have passed...) that's how I have to remember it. I'm in my 16th week, because I'm 15w6d. Tomorrow, I'll be 16w0d. I'm due on 8/10.

Dahlea- congrats on getting everything moved over- just getting that crossed off the list must be a nice relief. We didnt paint over wall paper, but removing it is aweful, but rewarding in most cases. If the paper is in good shape and not peeling or anything, and not textured, you should be able to paint over it. Just give it a good cleaning, and glue/smooth down any loose spots.

Just a word of warning, depending on how old the paper is and if the glue is water based, 2 things could happen: the water in the paint could re-activate the glue, and the paper might start to peel off; OR, the water in the paint could re-activate the glue, and it could bleed through the paint. If it were me, I'd use a water based primer/sealer before I used the paint color I want.
(end
)

Rabbit- welcome and congratulations! Sounds like you've been through a lot already! glad that you're still getting good care, if the only thing that's conflicting is the timeline! Where in the states will you go to deliver, and will your DP be able to come back with you for a short time? will you go back with him after the baby is born? sorry for all the questions, it all seems so adventurous!

AFM, not too much going on. Havent gained any weight yet, despite eating everything in sight it seems. I think it's just redistributing. My thighs even seem to be getting a little smaller (pants arent as um, snug on there as they used to be!) what a bonus... never in a million years thought that would happen.

Seriously, I am craving beef like there is no tomorrow- think i could be deficient in iron? I'm taking my PNV- is that not enough? (not good beef though, I want cheeseburgers and meatloaf. a lot of each, please.)

· Registered
6 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LZP View Post

Rabbit- welcome and congratulations! Sounds like you've been through a lot already! glad that you're still getting good care, if the only thing that's conflicting is the timeline! Where in the states will you go to deliver, and will your DP be able to come back with you for a short time? will you go back with him after the baby is born? sorry for all the questions, it all seems so adventurous!

I don't mind the questions! It certainly is an unusual circumstance. We are transitioning between two different assignments this summer, so before we even found out about the baby we'd planned on 3 or 4 months in the U.S. I'm going back to my home state of Rhode Island. All my family is still there. I'll leave Africa about 6 weeks before the due date and my DH will be able to join me about 2 weeks before the due date. We'd already scheduled summer vacation for August, so we'll have a few weeks to hang out as a new family. Then DH goes to D.C. for some training, then we all head off to India in October. If everything goes even anywhere near the plan!

· Registered
273 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm new here too! I'm due Aug. 20th.
We're dealing with moving over here too - well from two apartments to one house and its been a nightmare! I hate unpacking, decorating, and all of the things that come with it. I had a breakdown the other day because I couldn't find my fabric scissors (hahahha! Oh hormones!)
I just had my appointment with the midwife this morning and she couldn't find the heartbeat so we got up (didn't even wipe the gel off) and went to do an ultrasound right then just so we could see everything! I hear of people not hearing with the doppler and then freaking out because no one does anything reassuring for them. So got to see the little one wave at us on the U/S! Anyway I LLOOVVEE the place I am going to - but secretly I am really wanting a homebirth instead of the birthcenter though. But my insurance covers this.
I was having issues with dates and such today as the midwife I saw today (there are a few at the center) was saying I was 13 weeks, though I'm pretty sure i'm 14 weeks 3 days? Whatever its not a big deal but just confusing!!

Morgan

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LZP I'm an 8/10 baby

My family has a whole pride's worth of Leos - my grandmother's birthday is 7/24, Mom's is 8/1, Dad's 8/5 and mine is 8/10. They told me they won't let me go past 41 weeks without inducing me, so unless I go quite early I will probably have another little lion

· Registered
1,563 Posts
Well, anyone who remembers how sick I was for January/early February will be glad to hear I'm in great health now... but the kids are sick. My 7yo had an ear infection 2 weeks ago and then last week got Bell's Palsy. It is already almost totally gone thanks to the steroids he was prescribed, but now my 4yo has a 102-104.5* fever yesterday and today. They're off school for winter break so it really sucks that we can't do anything fun! Also we have 6" of fresh snow outside so we're trapped here.
The baby is kicking up a storm in there. I think it recently learned to flip/cartwheel because it spent a good hour or two last night bouncing from left to right, top to bottom. It's always most active after dinner.
We have some Leos in my family, too. My late grandmother was 8/5 and my little sister is 7/29. She wants the baby to be born on her birthday, and if it's 5 days early like my last babe, it will be (my first was 3 days early).

· Registered
423 Posts
Hi to all the new people!

RabbitRabbit- you sound 16 weeks to me. They usually count from the first day of your LMP. I am due 8/16/10 and am 15 weeks.

Too all of you mamas moving although I don't envy you it is probably better before the baby comes. We moved 6 weeks after DD was born and that was not fun at all, especially since insurance and care providers and everything changed with that. I am glad we get to stick with where we are for awhile and my nesting efforts won't be for naught!

My midwife appt is wedensday and I am excited to here the heartbeat again. I am also curious as to how I am measuring since I seem so big for being only 15 weeks. Other than that the nausea is gone and some energy is returning and that has been great!

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Ok, so I am going to join in the weekly chat this week. I am usually not very good at following along but here goes nothin'.

Glad you got your other RV all cleaned up, Autumn. I have painted over wallpaper before. It was the wallpapered wallboard, which is probably what you have in your RV. I didn't have a problem and it turned out great.

Nothing much new here. DH and I got the phone call on Friday morning that we approved for our dealership so I am going to be super busy getting this business together. I was working on our website but the materials I need to finish it wont be emailed until the end of this week. Soooo, right now I am bored LOL. I am really hoping this takes off ASAP so DH can get away from his nutjob parents.

I have a prenatal appointment on Thursday and then I have another ultrasound on the 4th of March. At least I THINK I have an ultrasound on the 4th. My first ultrasound was orginially scheduled for then but the dr. ended up bumping it up a month because we couldnt hear the heartbeat at my first prenatal. I am going to have to check with her and see if she kept the u/s appt. for the 4th or if she cancelled it when I got in that month earlier.

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pregnancy meltdown count now up to 4.

1) Grilled Cheese
2) Pancakes
3) Buffalo Wings
4) Pickles/Pizza

Apparently food is my emotional trigger.

· Registered
2,575 Posts
This is just not a good week...first my 14 yr old cousin collapsed in track on Monday (had a heart attack) and tonight my dad was out with my teenage brother and his friends riding these little go carts and got hurt. Bro was pulling the cart up the hill (it's not powered) with the truck and my dad was in the cart steering. He veered to miss something the same time bro accelerated (to like twenty mph) and the cart flipped. No broken bones, but his face is really lacerated. He walked in covered with bright red blood and I thought it was a joke, it was so fake looking. Deep cuts next to his left eye and under his nose and gravel embedded everywhere else. He's not the ER type but we convinced him cuz of scarring. I told him to get the stitches and then we can work on healing. The ones on his mustache line esp wouldn't close without something. He wanted me to clean him up and super glue him (which I would've done had it not been so bad). We're all just shocked that his nose has no scratches (let alone still on his face), his teeth are all intact, and his eyes are fine. Insane. Poor bro, he's pretty shaken. Not his fault, but he was involved, you know?

I'm supposed to not have any stress because my adrenals can't handle it and I end up with contrax.
try telling that to life, right?

· Registered
2,575 Posts
So I'm not quite 14 weeks and yesterday I thought I felt movement...is it too early? I've never had it this early. I was in lowrise jeans and sitting in a chair, leaning forward and it felt like something bumped up against my pants--from the inside. My dates are right, so?

· Registered
423 Posts
I had my midwife appointment which was great! I am 15 weeks and I am measuring right on track. Strong heart beat and the midwife could tell even through the doppler that baby was doing flips!

dannic - sorry for the rough week. What is your cousin's prognosis? and I don'g think 14 weeks is to early, I started feeling movement too, just really tiny ones that I could definitely rule out gas. Hope your brother feels better!

· Registered
461 Posts
I too am going to try and keep up with the weekly thread because I enjoy it when I am involved....

Taylah: I've been thinking of trying my hand at doing a weekly menu. I'm really not into cooking and can be a source of stress for me... "what to cook, what to cook? I don't know". I would think that my shopping would be more efficient and may save some money. Do you know of any online resources to help plan weekly menus?

RabbitRabbitt: Welcome and I concur with what the ladies said about your dates. I'm due August 6th, so I am 16wk5d. I might have missed it somewhere, but what kind of work are you and your DH doing? Peace Corps, missionary work, government?

Welcome MissMorgan

MJB: I hope your family returns back to wellness soon, I am happy to hear you are better, I remember how sick you were! And I'm sorry to hear of your week Dannic, how stressful! I hope your cousin recovers well.

AFM: We had some great news with our insurance status, it is very likely that a homebirth will be covered! Yeah. Just need to do all the paper work. We were prepared to pay for it ourselves. Also, we learned that a road project in our neighborhood (we are the only people in our very rural subdivision) will end a few weeks prior to my due date = another green light for a homebirth. To add to the good stuff, I am feeling tons better. No more morning sickness and only sporadic, mild bouts of nausea, plus my appetite is back. I cannot get enough of fruit, I have 7 different kinds in my kitchen right now!

· Registered
6 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by isras1 View Post
RabbitRabbitt: Welcome and I concur with what the ladies said about your dates. I'm due August 6th, so I am 16wk5d. I might have missed it somewhere, but what kind of work are you and your DH doing? Peace Corps, missionary work, government?
My DH works for the U.S. State Department.

· Registered
610 Posts
Lastnight in class one of my classmates was giving me a massage and said she felt the baby kick while she did a belly rock. I don't know if she felt that or gas, but I didn't say anything. I just smiled. She was so excited.

I have a professional pregnancy massage on Friday morning and I'm really excited about it.

This week I finally started making the baby's blanket and am making curtains for my kids' room. They are beautiful! And look a lot better than the last curtains I attempted to make. I love the fabric so much I might try to use the left overs to make myself a shirt. We'll see.

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by isras1 View Post
Taylah: I've been thinking of trying my hand at doing a weekly menu. I'm really not into cooking and can be a source of stress for me... "what to cook, what to cook? I don't know". I would think that my shopping would be more efficient and may save some money. Do you know of any online resources to help plan weekly menus?
I haven't used any online menu planners, so not sure what is out there. I just lay out a week in excel and stick in a dinner a day, then populate my grocery list under that (which I lay out by grocery section - produce, deli/meat, dry goods, household items, dairy, frozen, paper goods, bakery so I don't miss something as I'm walking through the store). It took me a couple weeks to get good at it (i.e. not forgetting that I needed pasta to make lasagna while making the grocery list part). As we're putting the groceries away I post the menu/list up on the fridge so I can remember what I'm cooking the next night and keep on track defrosting things.

· Registered
49 Posts
Our cribs should arrive today- very excited to get them put together, they will make a great place to store all the baby clothes and stuff we've been collecting. Wanted to get them ordered before they were discontinued or something because they match the rest of our furniture.
Have a midterm exam on Monday that I'm not looking forward to, but hopefully it will go well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.